U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure which Singaporeans you are talking too. The few I know understand that being a little red dot means the Government can do a lot more a lot easier.

Reactions: 1 user

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Comparing India to Lichtenstein is probably not a valid comparison - in terms of material well-being of its people for sure. That's not a consequence of their system of government I'd suggest. If you are suggesting that Lichtenstein is a better polity than India because of "the character of its people" then that would be highly debatable.
Well that's what I am suggesting as well. It's not so much a consequence of their system of government. I think it is the character of the people that drive the system of government not the other way around. At the end of the day, even a dictator needs the support from the majority of people to hold power.

If I travel from Indo to Singapore, Singaporeans sometimes ask "why doesn't the Indonesian government just build mass public housing like Singapore did?" Leaving aside the issue of whether public housing is a good thing, this kind of thinking ignores the logistical difficulty of governing and resourcing a country of 6000 inhabited islands and 300 million population vs governing one small island of 3 million people.
Sure, which suggests Indonesia is far too centralised. Indonesians would benefit from more localised governance that caters to their local conditions much better than being governed by the ruling class in Jakarta, regardless whether such localised governance was democratic or not.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure which Singaporeans you are talking too. The few I know understand that being a little red dot means the Government can do a lot more a lot easier.

I think thats the point antman was making. Far easier to implement policies like public housing in Singapore, than it is across all the islands of Indonesia.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think thats the point antman was making. Far easier to implement policies like public housing in Singapore, than it is across all the islands of Indonesia.

yeah, more a response to G-Man's contention that the Absolute Monarchy of Lichtenstein is better than India.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
And in the next episode of Trump 5D chess, the "MyPillow" guy advising Trump walks into the White House for his meeting with Trump carrying the full Steve Bannon plan of how Trump can trigger emergency powers and revoke the results of the election under his coffee cup, so an alert press photographer took a photo.

God these people are stupid.

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yes, but my point was Singaporeans know why they were able to do it but Indonesia and even Malaysia to a certain extent are unable too.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
Of course I read most things, it’s the way I ascertain what is BS.
You are assuming that all 75 million who voted for Trump would become subscribers but of course that is not true, many voted for him because they are rusted on republican.
The best thing that could happen to the GOP and the US in general is that his group of loonie supporters break away and the Republican Party can go back to being a decent alternative party.

Ok but you are forgetting that he has a following all around the world and is probably one of the most recognisable faces in the world. He will definitely try to cash in on that!

Also he won’t disappear from the media because the Dems won’t let him! Maybe all the negative attention lavished on him post Jan 20 will crush him - but somehow I doubt it. Even his most ardent hater would have to admit he is Teflon coated.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This website may make you change your mind about what happened in the election.

Of course getting more votes doesn’t guarantee you an election win in the US anymore as Al Gore and Hilary Clinton know.
One salient point for the republicans is that since 1988 they have only won the popular vote once, in 2004

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Of course getting more votes doesn’t guarantee you an election win in the US anymore as Al Gore and Hilary Clinton know.
One salient point for the republicans is that since 1988 they have only won the popular vote once, in 2004
Of course that,s the same for Australia.
Its not total votes but total electoral seats.

A difference is that the seats are rezoned at times

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
yeah, more a response to G-Man's contention that the Absolute Monarchy of Lichtenstein is better than India.
You might find this interesting. Perhaps Churchill was right, depending on your definition of democracy:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It really feels like there's one more desperate play in the Trump handbook. After recent events nothing will surprise in this American shitshow.

I reckon hes gonna run to stay out of jail and bankruptsy court.

No idea of extradition treatys or hpw it works but i reckon the right wing pres of Slovinia (melanias home turf) will grant asylum or something

Just a wild guess

I agree theres some to play out yet