U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Amanda Gorman gets the Norm Smith.

I thought it was hideously boring and banal

I dont think Ive never heard such a long poem that doesnt really say, or evoke, anything?

I understand you couldn't hire Ice Cube for a presidential inauguration though.

I also think America and the World desperately need, and will get, a boring presidency this time

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I must say it was refreshing to see a grown man, sit at a desk, sign some paperwork, then not hold it up in the air like a 4 year old showing he can scribble big letters!

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Anyone else feel a massive sense of relief?
A tinge of sadness really. The daily Trump show has com to an end. It was entertaining & funny, though it was becoming very predictable.

I feel most sorry for US Late Night show hosts and comedians. The last four years was to them what Y2K was for IT Consultants.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Anyone else feel a massive sense of relief?
Nah - never thought he was the bogeyman the media portrayed him to be.

If anything I can see things flaring up in the middle east now with the US to begin meddling again.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I thought it was hideously boring and banal

I dont think Ive never heard such a long poem that doesnt really say, or evoke, anything?

I understand you couldn't hire Ice Cube for a presidential inauguration though.

I also think America and the World desperately need, and will get, a boring presidency this time
Most poetry, especially modern poetry, is garbage. Amanda took me back to open mic nights in Brunswick in the early oughts, when earnestness and cadence substituted for originality and descriptiveness, and everyone patted each other on the back and sucked Marlborough Reds while drinking mulled wine, and talking about what a *smile* John Howard was.

Her conclusion(? - I didn't make it through to the end) that everything was once again right with the world and America was free from the "belly of the beast" (hand in your poetry badge for using that god-awful, trite, cliché) was flowery, typically Americanly self-aggrandising, and hopelessly naïve.

B-minus, if she were a Year 12 student.

• Love

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
A tinge of sadness really. The daily Trump show has com to an end. It was entertaining & funny, though it was becoming very predictable.

I feel most sorry for US Late Night show hosts and comedians. The last four years was to them what Y2K was for IT Consultants.
I miss him already

:rotfl2 :rotfl2 :rotfl2 :rotfl2 :rotfl2

I guess we will have to wait for series 2, The Trials :)

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Nah - never thought he was the bogeyman the media portrayed him to be.

If anything I can see things flaring up in the middle east now with the US to begin meddling again.
Pretty sure Trump counted a couple of middle east assinations as achievements of his presidency so i dont think you can say the US hasnt been "meddling"

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The Bernie lookin chilled at the Inauguration memes have started

EsMWA4aW4AIwkUE.0.jpeg

blofield

Tiger Cub
Jul 20, 2005
Ah yes, we'll still have the Trump Disciples striving for relevance to entertain us. Looking forward to TigerHarley's take on what's happened and blofields calloused finger click reactions.
Mate - it's amazing that I can trigger a leftist - such as yourself- without even posting :D

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
As someone else said, at least we still have impeachment, rape, fraud and tax evasion trials to look forward.