U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I can't think of anything I'd rather see than the Rock run for President.

Apart from mid-way through the first debate the glass breaks and Stone Cold storms out, stuns them both and announces he is running as well, before sculling 4 cans.

Would certainly liven up the debates.

Stone Cold standing on the platforms, "Forget these assholds, I'm president, and thats the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so" :D

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
How nice and quiet is life now that there is nothing to whinge about in America!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The best part is ol' Trumpy is still there destabilising the GOP. Long may he continue.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Absolutely. And the unwillingness of moronic GOP party members to understand the reality of that, and cut him loose, is magnificent.

we also have various state investigations into rape, tax fraud and embezzlement against Trump and his family to look forward to.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In one act, Joe Biden has done something much more significant than Trump ever aspired to. The Covid stimulus package is huge - bigger than all the spending the US did in WWII. It will lift the incomes of the bottom 20% of families by at least 20%

This is the Guardian's take - sure, a lefty rag but leaving aside the editorialising it gives a sense of absolute scale of this bill. Trump's white anting of the GOP in Georgia resulting in the Dem majority in the Senate really is coming home to bite now.

This will have far reaching impacts on the US and the global economy - it's as big as Roosevelt's New Deal.

The Biden package is massive. It puts up to $1,400 into the pockets of low-paid workers and members of their families. It extends a wide range of welfare payments into the autumn, boosts parental tax credits, and maintains special unemployment reliefs and health care subsidies. Much of the support is unconditional. The poorest fifth of US households will see their incomes rise by 20%. Child poverty may be cut in half. Payments began to arrive over the weekend.

The economic impact will also be massive. In particular, it lays the ground for a US economic bounce-back that would have seemed unthinkable last year, but which will now be felt around the planet. Personal spending of accumulated savings is likely to accelerate quickly too. According to the intergovernmental Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, America is set to be the only one of its member states whose economy will be larger at the end of 2022 than the OECD was predicting before the pandemic. For a time this year, the US is expected to grow faster even than China, which has not happened for years. This involves some economic risk – though slack in the US economy ought to restrain inflation.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
im not really sure any more needs to said about Trump, and i would like to think everyone is now relieved he lost the election by such a heavy margin.

He was always a crook and a conman. Can't believe that he managed to hoodwink so many people.

Reactions: 2 users

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Seems they are changing the rules in Georgia so that the republicans get to appoint the electoral officials going forwards.

when I read the fact check article (by CNN) nothing seems too outrageous but you can also see how it could be manipulated easily too. https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/31/...oting-bill-law-elections-explained/index.html

If you haven’t seen this clip re: the election check it out. He's a republican electoral official.

And below here’s the same guy commenting on the changes to Georgia voting laws.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
If you haven’t seen this clip re: the election check it out. He's a republican electoral official.

And below here’s the same guy commenting on the changes to Georgia voting laws.

He’s pretty good on those takes. If 99.9% of people have the right ID already hard to argue with that. The law change I found interesting was the one where they could change the person in charge.