U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In a post-truth world actual acheivements don't really matter ... it's just the vibe. I get that - it's sad, but that's how most people vote and judge political leaders. "he says things that I agree with" is more important than say, considering that letting 500,000 people in the States die of Covid is maybe bad.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Could ask many others on this thread the same question not just the biker tiger.
Go ahead. I was interested in tigerharley's ties to the US because he's obviously more emotionally invested in the US than everyone else.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Go ahead. I was interested in tigerharley's ties to the US because he's obviously more emotionally invested in the US than everyone else.
From.his answer his personal connections make that clear now. But prior to that you could not conclude he was more invested than many other posters. It's one thing to be interested in foreign politics another to be personally affronted by the outcome of the democratic process of another country.
I watched the 4 corners mini series on Fox / Trump (didn't learn anything I didnt already know from reading PRE) and came away with one question... why are Americans so invested with their politics to the extent they attend rallies in numbers like they do? If ScoMo or Albo put up a stage in a paddock how many would turn up?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Oh, come on, you forgot the biggest difference, Trump would have proclaimed this as the biggest victory of all, a victory of the likes the world has never seen, he did the best deal ever with the Taliban etc etc etc.

DS

Biden pretty happy to beat the US of A chest

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Biden pretty happy to beat the US of A chest

Most presidents do that, Trump was more about how great he was. Making America Great Again was only possible because of the great man.

tigeronaharley

Tiger Superstar
Jan 29, 2005
LAIDLEY HEIGHTS.QLD
So let's get this right ...Your *smile* joking saying that DH Biden was successful in his method of leaving Afghanistan, yes they had to get out but the way it was handled is atrocious, no meaningful plan & completely bungled by an inept administration.
I was in the Army & if you lost a rifle you would be charged, yet Biden & his Chiefs of staff abandoned $85bn worth of equipment as a going away present fot the Taliban & nothing will happen to these clowns !!
Even the dogs were left...bastards. Why not get USA citizens out first followed by the military & all the armourey..no just completely *smile* it up....where was a plan....there was none...idiots !!
Have you seen the vids where DH Biden disrespects the fallen when coffins are taken off the plane & all he can do is look at his watch as though he didn't want to be there...he's a *smile* disgrace..I wouldn't *smile* on him if he was on fire !!
Trump had a plan & he would never have left Americans stranded .

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
So let's get this right ...Your *smile* joking saying that DH Biden was successful in his method of leaving Afghanistan, yes they had to get out but the way it was handled is atrocious, no meaningful plan & completely bungled by an inept administration.
I was in the Army & if you lost a rifle you would be charged, yet Biden & his Chiefs of staff abandoned $85bn worth of equipment as a going away present fot the Taliban & nothing will happen to these clowns !!
Even the dogs were left...bastards. Why not get USA citizens out first followed by the military & all the armourey..no just completely *smile* it up....where was a plan....there was none...idiots !!
Have you seen the vids where DH Biden disrespects the fallen when coffins are taken off the plane & all he can do is look at his watch as though he didn't want to be there...he's a *smile* disgrace..I wouldn't *smile* on him if he was on fire !!

Rather ironic you don't criticise Trump for the disrespect he showed to US soldiers and in terms of planning what about the lack of planning around the covid response.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

That's the spirit Harley!!!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Terrifying.

Yep, pretty scary. The USA is a union of states, not a federation and it is this point which Trump and the RWNJs who follow him are trying to exploit. One of the biggest problems is that a some of what the Republicans are saying is true - under the US Constitution it is in the power of State Legislatures to determine how the Electoral College voters who represent their state are selected. While at present all states do this by a universal ballot of citizens of their state, this is not a given.

The Democrats need to get more control of State Houses, something they should have been doing for decades as they are vulnerable to elections being rigged in many ways by State legislatures. Already there has been a lot of voter suppression, it doesn't take much to imagine that the same legislators will just go the next step and remove voters from the decision if they don't agree with the outcome of an election.

DS

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Trump getting back in by any means would be so depressing on many levels. But mainly because he's just a reality tv guy suffering from crippling mental disorders. Please no.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Makes ya wonder what's going on with the septics politics lately. Since Barry O left the palace it's been a parade of doddering old farts dominating the circus.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Slowly but surely the chickens are coming home to roost, at least I hope they are.

"Washington: The Trump Organisation’s accounting firm says a decade of financial statements for Donald Trump can’t be relied upon and that it won’t do any new work for the company, a development New York Attorney-General Letitia James said showed the urgency of her civil fraud investigation."

"A declaration by an accounting firm that it is dropping a client and backing away from prior financial statements is historically a red flag for investors, lenders or other parties that a company’s financial condition is not what it appears. It can also be a signal to regulators and other authorities that wrongdoing may have occurred, and is often the basis for launching – or expanding – enforcement investigations."

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Slowly but surely the chickens are coming home to roost, at least I hope they are.

"Washington: The Trump Organisation’s accounting firm says a decade of financial statements for Donald Trump can’t be relied upon and that it won’t do any new work for the company, a development New York Attorney-General Letitia James said showed the urgency of her civil fraud investigation."

"A declaration by an accounting firm that it is dropping a client and backing away from prior financial statements is historically a red flag for investors, lenders or other parties that a company’s financial condition is not what it appears. It can also be a signal to regulators and other authorities that wrongdoing may have occurred, and is often the basis for launching – or expanding – enforcement investigations."

The saying in investigative accounting is that if someone is hiding something or refusing to show you something it means they have something to hide.
The actions of Trump and the Trump business are not those of someone with nothing to hide

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Given polling for the midterms, inflation, the pandemic dragging on and on the Dems are in big trouble for the Pres Election in 3 years. They'll lose the house and senate and Biden hasn't got his signature Build Back Better infrastructure bill through.

We are relying only on Trumps incontinence, general poor health and possibly legal troubles to keep him out of a second term.