UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
images

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
"The Notorious One" strikes again. Dana is loving his crowd pulling ability. I can see that relationship souring as Conor pushes harder and harder for more of a slice of the pie.

What did you think of Herb Dean's decision to let Rockwell paint the canvas with Weidman's head? I know the bell was close but geez.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
KnightersRevenge said:
"The Notorious One" strikes again. Dana is loving his crowd pulling ability. I can see that relationship souring as Conor pushes harder and harder for more of a slice of the pie.

What did you think of Herb Dean's decision to let Rockwell paint the canvas with Weidman's head? I know the bell was close but geez.

You mean Rockhold. Love UFC, but reckon they should ban laying into someone when on the deck.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Surprised this thread is so far back, thought there would be some level of interest in this sport.

One observation is they have clearly got into bed with sports betting, there was never any promotion of betting on the sport until sometime in the last 12 months. Now fighters even mention betting companies in their post win speeches.And the commentators now clearly paid or instructed to mention odds and bets etc.

It's sad really. The thing I most like about watching NFL/NBA is you are not bombarded with the odds and betting etc.

The UFC does not need it and reckon its sad to see IMO.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Surprised this thread is so far back, thought there would be some level of interest in this sport.

One observation is they have clearly got into bed with sports betting, there was never any promotion of betting on the sport until sometime in the last 12 months. Now fighters even mention betting companies in their post win speeches.And the commentators now clearly paid or instructed to mention odds and bets etc.

It's sad really. The thing I most like about watching NFL/NBA is you are not bombarded with the odds and betting etc.

The UFC does not need it and reckon its sad to see IMO.
You basing some of this on this afternoons main 2 fights?

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
You basing some of this on this afternoons main 2 fights?
No, I didn't watch the PPV. I am watching the prelims on replay now and the promotion of betting keeps growing.

I posted before actually reading about the co main-events - very controversial results in both.

I'm not suggesting gambling has influenced results. But nothing much good comes of gambling and sport.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Volk has just been destroyed by Topuria.

2 bad knockouts in his last 2 fights.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Volk has just been destroyed by Topuria.

2 bad knockouts in his last 2 fights.
Yep. Copped a couple of big hits in his last couple of fights. Might nearly be time for him to pack the nut guard away in the bottom of the wardrobe.