UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Jukes Extended said:
GSP is the most boring champion in the history of the sport.

good post.well said. agree.

The previous fight was pretty awesome. Both Condit and Hendricks showed how it should be done

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Jukes Extended said:
GSP is the most boring champion in the history of the sport.

Was pretty clear Diaz would have won if this was a boxing match, but its UFC ! That is the trouble with Nick Diaz he just doesn't have the drive to use all his talent, he is built like he doesn't go to the gym and he spends his time trying to look cool in the ring. Both Nick and his brother are easily some of the best bjj fighters in the ufc along with being the best boxers. Such a waste of talent in my opinion.

Soda

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2013
Jukes Extended said:
Jon Jones is a bad dude.

Just watched a replay, he is brutal. Awesome. Brutally awesomely. How quick is he for such a big, powerful guy?

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
watched it too. No one can beat him at light heavy weight. Time to move up I suppose.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Id like to see him fight hendo, altho hendo is now probably 5 year too old. Wouldve been the perfect match up I reckon.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Hendo is well past it. I felt sorry for him last time he fought.

Maybe the Spider should beef up and fight him or better still Jones cut to fight middleweight. that would be more interesting.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
Hendo is well past it. I felt sorry for him last time he fought.

Maybe the Spider should beef up and fight him or better still Jones cut to fight middleweight. that would be more interesting.

Jones will never fight Middleweight...almost impossible for him to make weight in that division.
He's already said he will move up to heavyweight...I only expect him to have no more than 2 fights at Light heavyweight before he jumps up.
Alexander Gustafsson I expect will be his next opponent...but after that there isn't much left for Jones as he's cleaned up the division anyway.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Jukes Extended said:
Jones will never fight Middleweight...almost impossible for him to make weight in that division.
He's already said he will move up to heavyweight...I only expect him to have no more than 2 fights at Light heavyweight before he jumps up.
Alexander Gustafsson I expect will be his next opponent...but after that there isn't much left for Jones as he's cleaned up the division anyway.

Hardly "impossible'. it's only 20 pounds. I saw one guy on The Ultimate fighter lose that much in 24 hours!

He probably wouldn't bother, as you say he is probably going to move up to heavyweight, but it is definitely possible.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
its 20pounds from the light heavy weigh ins, but Jones walks around probably 20pounds heavier than the 205 cut off.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Yeah, very disapointing but not unexpected.

Te Hua wasn't quite up to it either.

they got two very talented opponents, but that's the way it goes when you get up near the top 10.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Jukes Extended said:
The Stehens/Payan fight was one of the bloodiest I have ever seen.

Bruce Buffer has an autobiography and I've heard good reviews, mean to be a good read....might pick it up.

let me know what it is like once you've read it.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
let me know what it is like once you've read it.

Good read Evo, I recommend it only if your a die hard Bruce Buffer fan.

There's a lot of filler in the there just trying to put something in the 280 pages.
Talks probably a bit too much about fighters in the UFC and even his dating life.

But some really good stuff about his days as a young fella growing up and how he got into the industry.