Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
If I ever hear AFL house say they need to make quarters shorter I'll be reminding them of the time wasted on advertising reviews.
refer you to this book called 1984 by george orwell

the quarters have been shorter - just read the ALF website (sponsored by otpyrc)

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
WCE 20 frees to Richmond 11. And 5 F50 frees to wce! 0 to Richmond. The rort continues.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Reckon it's a case of never letting a good crisis go to waste. They may have been spooked by some controversial non calls last year but used the guise of mitigation to raise their advertising revenue.
It's embarrassing how poorly the AFL is doing things. I always thought Demtriou was a crook (he is) but he looks like Elliott Ness compared to the administrators that have followed.

Such a farce.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
WCE 20 frees to Richmond 11. And 5 F50 frees to wce! 0 to Richmond. The rort continues.
We only had 4 frees to 3/4 time of which 3 came in Q1!!!!!
They seemed to get all the 50/50 ones and we got none, not even the obvious ones like this. There were numerous instances of high contact not paid but Reid was given at least two that were not there. Baker got punched in the head by Yeo but no free kick.
I usually do not subscribe to conspiracy theories but it was pretty clear the umpires we heavily eagles focussed otherwise how do you explain how we suddenly got 7 frees in the last to make the *smile* count closer? We were on track for the lowest number of free kicks paid to a team EVER which I believe is 8.
I expected us to lose given the lack of key players and general experience but I didn’t expect to also get reamed like that by the umpires.

photo.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
We only had 4 frees to 3/4 time of which 3 came in Q1!!!!!
They seemed to get all the 50/50 ones and we got none, not even the obvious ones like this. There were numerous instances of high contact not paid but Reid was given at least two that were not there. Baker got punched in the head by Yeo but no free kick.
I usually do not subscribe to conspiracy theories but it was pretty clear the umpires we heavily eagles focussed otherwise how do you explain how we suddenly got 7 frees in the last to make the *smile* count closer? We were on track for the lowest number of free kicks paid to a team EVER which I believe is 8.
I expected us to lose given the lack of key players and general experience but I didn’t expect to also get reamed like that by the umpires.

View attachment 22468
Those frees to Reid were woeful. Embarrassing. The contrast with how he was umpired V another similar player, Dustin Martin, could not have been more stark. I think Reid got as many soft frees while busting through packs yesterday as Dusty has in his career!

As I said earlier, the most embarrasing aspect was he won the contest and got clear anyway, he doesn't need soft free, just let him play, the ump plucking out a free that wasn't there just interfered with the game.

And yes, as I said on the gameday thread early in the last Q, they gave us a few eveners, game gone and an eyebrow raising free count to that point.

Reactions: 4 users

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
The umpiring bias is so blatantly anti Richmond that it's an embarrassment for the game. It's just another thing that allows the AFL to have their way with their hidden Agenda.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
You’d think that now we’re sh1t again the umps would lay off but no…..

IMG_0461.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Saints fans bleating about the umps coz the frees were 21-8. Cry me river.