Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Anyway, aside from the ridiculous over adjudication of the “danger tackles” rule I thought the umpiring was ok.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Anyway, aside from the ridiculous over adjudication of the “danger tackles” rule I thought the umpiring was ok.
You, like most of us, are just getting used to the ridiculous.

When the ump blows the whistle and all players turn to the Ump to see who got the free kick, you know the game is in trouble. It happens so often these days that it's a joke.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The dangerous tackle against parker was the biggest joke.

George gets tackled then handballs, one umpire calls holding the ball, the other calls dangerous tackle. Both got it wrong. Standard of umpiring is at all time low.

Where's Glouftsis? I tell you what, she's better than half of these clowns going around. Rayzor too and that's saying something.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
You, like most of us, are just getting used to the ridiculous.

When the ump blows the whistle and all players turn to the Ump to see who got the free kick, you know the game is in trouble. It happens so often these days that it's a joke.
I think more what I’m used to used getting reamed every week, frees 25-23 in our favour is ok.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im watching a QAFL game right now, hungover as all buggery,

and the umps are allowing me to realise again,

what a beautiful game it is.

havnt seen one Insufficient intent, one technical ruck free, and if the bloke with the ball gets swung 360, hes gone. If a bloke takes a bounce and someone grabs him, gone.
If you get pushed in the back, you get a free. If you dont kick or handball, they call dropping the ball.

its great.

and its a beautiful game, despite my hangover and those overpaid, underqualified *smile* at AFL house

Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
What about Stack’s perfect tackle in the last. Runs the guy down, tackles the oppo from behind with a bear hug tackle around the arms and the oppo falls forward with the momentum and because his face grazes the grass it was called a dangerous tackle. Never ever is that a dangerous tackle. Even BT called that one out saying that to tackle anyone in this game it is intrinsically dangerous.
I can’t recall if the oppo kicked a goal from that or not but it was just plain incorrect from the flouro flog.
I think they did kick a goal from that. Daisy, one of the few who isn’t afraid to call it how it is, said at most it was in the back.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just watching a bit of the Carlton v Collingwood game.

Absolute classic situation about 3-4 minutes to go in the first quarter - Carlton player attempting to pick up the ball is being tackled.

One very simple question: how the f*** is that not holding the man?

Such a blight on the game, you want to reduce congestion let the player get the ball before being tackled. FFS this has always been the rule.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
Just watching a bit of the Carlton v Collingwood game.

Absolute classic situation about 3-4 minutes to go in the first quarter - Carlton player attempting to pick up the ball is being tackled.

One very simple question: how the f*** is that not holding the man?

Such a blight on the game, you want to reduce congestion let the player get the ball before being tackled. FFS this has always been the rule.

DS
Why are you watching that?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Yeah it was a shocker, as was the umpire calling holding the man on Neale when he had the ball and Bolton being called for too high on Andrews when the latter fended him off by shoving his throat.
And don't forget the holding the ball against Lynch when he took the ball from the ruck contest.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Why are you watching that?

Fair question, was listening to music so thought I might have it on in the background, look up and the umpires are "letting the game go" by not paying obvious free kicks.

Do they really wonder why this is a rolling maul when players are tackled before they even have the ball?

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I saw 2 so called plastic tackles in the Collingwood Carlton game and both weren't called back.
We get absolutly fked by the cockroaches

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The dangerous tackle against parker was the biggest joke.

George gets tackled then handballs, one umpire calls holding the ball, the other calls dangerous tackle. Both got it wrong. Standard of umpiring is at all time low.

Where's Glouftsis? I tell you what, she's better than half of these clowns going around. Rayzor too and that's saying something.

i love glouftis and want to marry her

• Haha

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I reckon 5 throws have been paid this year. 3 were paid against us on Friday. (one of the others was against us , Vlastuin i reckon, earlier in the year)

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Trouble is in "every" passage of play, there are probably 5 or so frees ( over the shoulder and arm chops are classic examples) , but they let 4 go, and then pick the fifth . And of course the TV can back up their decision. Its the other 4 that are let go that are the problem. The whole thing is a joke.

Reactions: 3 users