Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I have a feeling what happened last night was the broadcasters increased the volume of the umpire mics on the broadcast because a certain umpire was officiating. Which is a problem and why those mics should go or that umpire be told to shut up.
That’s a long bow isn’t it TBR?

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Genuine question, did we actually have a 50 for moving on the mark? It's been established the Soldo and one we thought was Edwards weren't for that, then there was three stupid ones by Grimes and Graham.

I can't quite remember the others, maybe one from Lynch was?

Sheds was pinged for one. And he definitely did move on the mark, he shuffled ever so slightly to the side but it was obvious from my vantage point, and it annoyed me.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Butters knocks the ball out of bounds from 5 metres...................nothing in it, throw it in. less than a minute later Ah Chee is tackled while handballing......and it's deliberate !!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Butters knocks the ball out of bounds from 5 metres...................nothing in it, throw it in. less than a minute later Ah Chee is tackled while handballing......and it's deliberate !!

Yeah I saw that, bit ridiculous when a player is being flung around.

DS

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Does anyone genuinely feel that the game (in general) would be worse if they got rid of the “contact below the knees” rule? I don’t remember the last time I saw anybody slide in in the manner that the rule was brought in for.

I agree, there was 1 paid against Pickett on Thursday night, when he reached to take the ball, barely got their legs but pinged for it. Another rule that seems to punish the player who actually goes for the ball.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The stand rule has killed tension in the final minutes of a game. Can't apply pressure? Becomes keepings off.
It’s the biggest change to the game in its history. A free flowing and moving game changed in ne fell swoop. Staggered there isn’t more media criticism of it considering its impact and the overwhelming dislike.

They need to have an asterisk for records pre and post the rule change.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
Lynch ran through the protected area for one. Balta placed the ball on the ground instead of giving to the Carlton player (might have been Saad) after yet another Aarts HTB.

Incorrect on Balta, the ball was held to his chest by Oscar MacDonald (Balta has both hands on the ground), it was Macdonald who simply drops the ball but Balta paid the price for the 50
Lynch did run past the protected area chasing Saad, needed to change direction and run behind Saad.

balta.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The stand rule has killed tension in the final minutes of a game. Can't apply pressure? Becomes keepings off.
I reckon we shouldn't bother standing on the mark anymore as it's pointless and when a free or mark is called, just stand behind the mark ready to chase when play on is called.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I thought the Pickett one was the one that needs to be policed. He slid when he should have kept his feet and ended up in the legs of another player. That's the one that breaks legs.
No it doesn't. Sliding in feet first breaks legs. It's just another *smile* interpretation of a knee jerk reaction rule.
The AFL are masters of this type of thought process.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thank heavens that Geeflog eff wit Hocking has departed.
Brad Scott actually seems sensible.
I know he has said we'll assess things for a season but I have some hope he'll wind the stand rule back next year..anyone got his email address? Please?

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
I agree, there was 1 paid against Pickett on Thursday night, when he reached to take the ball, barely got their legs but pinged for it. Another rule that seems to punish the player who actually goes for the ball.
Damn right posh, was there, and just in front of me. *smile* decision.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I thought the Pickett one was the one that needs to be policed. He slid when he should have kept his feet and ended up in the legs of another player. That's the one that breaks legs.

The one they have to watch is when the second player is almost running into the player going for the ball on purpose to fall over them. That should be paid as a free to the player going the ball instead.

No its a massive punishment for the player playing the ball.

So since Rohan broke his leg, how many games have you seen players sliding in and collecting legs? How many of those legs were broken?

It was a knee jerk reaction to a freak accident.

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Wasnt there a below the knees non decision which led to graham thinking it was our free ans subsequent 50? Then Pickett gets the one paid against him for similar action

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Just saw the replay of the Robinson bump in the Port game. Is that a reportable offence or just a solid bump.

Mind you, I would love not more than for someone to take out Robbo for half a season given what he did to Dusty.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Unfortunately with indiscipline, the Tigers played into the umpires hands time and again
They penalise anything we do.
Hold on to it 1 second to long.
Going into the zone,
Sliding in.
I'm counting how many 'in the backs' we don't get and then give away.
Cerra got 5 and can't think of 1 we got

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users