Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
No matter what anyone says the unpaid throw against Gresham (which was frankly the biggest joke you will see that it wasn't paid) turned the game. They got their tails up as they brought our lead below 20. Once we got 25 up, that next goal was going to be a massive one for momentum and probably impacted who won the game. If we got the next one to take it over 30, I don't think the Saints get up personally, as I reckon their heads would have dropped.

A frankly awful call of the most blatant incorrect disposal certainly had a major impact on turning the momentum into their favour.

Not discounting that we should never have then got in a position to concede 10 in a row, but make no mistake that killed our momentum, and ignited theirs.

These are the obvious decisions that you just expect umpires to get right, theres no 50 / 50 decision to be made there, it was probably the clearest decision of the entire night.

Reactions: 18 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
agree on that call.
clearly thew it.

that started it...but hey bullied us, and we were weak.

Agree we were weak and between that and the stupid 50 that Pickett gave away sparked that ignition into a massive fire and we crumbled in the heat.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Read what you like in this quote:

View attachment 14933

That pisses me off he said that. How about addressing the root cause, and taking it out of the umpires’ hands? Pickett NOT bumping Butler so there’s no possibility of him milking a free kick. Bolton NOT booting the ball into the third tier after the whistle. GAGF Dimma, this isn’t the go.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
No matter what anyone says the unpaid throw against Gresham (which was frankly the biggest joke you will see that it wasn't paid) turned the game. They got their tails up as they brought our lead below 20. Once we got 25 up, that next goal was going to be a massive one for momentum and probably impacted who won the game. If we got the next one to take it over 30, I don't think the Saints get up personally, as I reckon their heads would have dropped.

A frankly awful call of the most blatant incorrect disposal certainly had a major impact on turning the momentum into their favour.

Not discounting that we should never have then got in a position to concede 10 in a row, but make no mistake that killed our momentum, and ignited theirs.

These are the obvious decisions that you just expect umpires to get right, theres no 50 / 50 decision to be made there, it was probably the clearest decision of the entire night.
Broady goes good - but I think this was when he turned back into play and coughed it up, that led to that goal. At the end of the day we are on a new journey. I agree re the magnitude of the non free- kick , but not 10 goals worth of magnitude

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Our oppo are exploiting the new rule interpretation that says get your big bodies to take on the Richmond tackler, and if you get caught, either throw yourself forward, throw your head back, or throw the ball like you're in the Olympic discus, and we'll look after you.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
That pisses me off he said that. How about addressing the root cause, and taking it out of the umpires’ hands? Pickett NOT bumping Butler so there’s no possibility of him milking a free kick. Bolton NOT booting the ball into the third tier after the whistle. GAGF Dimma, this isn’t the go.
Have you forgotten he just gave us 3 flags?
Gagf is the last thing Hardwick deserves

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Cheapness wouldn't necessarily mean the ones we give away. More like the 50-50 ones the dumpires pay to opposition. He has to cover himself from being fined.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Our oppo are exploiting the new rule interpretation that says get your big bodies to take on the Richmond tackler, and if you get caught, either throw yourself forward, throw your head back, or throw the ball like you're in the Olympic discus, and we'll look after you.
Too obvious spook. This stupid, overcooked chaos game just confirms these dumpires are always expecting us to play rough and obviously cause frees to oppo. I reckon it's drilled in their head.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Have you forgotten he just gave us 3 flags?
Gagf is the last thing Hardwick deserves

I'm well aware, I attended the first two. He was a big part of 3 flags, he didn't give us anything. It is a team sport, both on and off the field.

That does not mean everything Dimma says or does is gospel or correct. This sends the wrong message and if anything shows that he doesn't get it. I'll say it again, regardless of the vagaries of the umpiring (and believe me, I think it's at best confusing and at worst terrible), we have been an undisciplined team for years. We covered it by being better than everyone for 4 years. Now we have come back to the pack, it sticks out like dogs' balls. It's all well and good for him to complain about how we're adjudicated but how about he works on it in training and the players get better at it, rather than him offering up this sort of rubbish to the media. It sounds like cheap excuses, and he's a lot better than that.

Get our own backyard better Dimma, rather than focusing on things that are out of your hands. All you're doing is drawing a bigger bullseye.

Reactions: 1 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I'm well aware, I attended the first two. He was a big part of 3 flags, he didn't give us anything. It is a team sport, both on and off the field.

That does not mean everything Dimma says or does is gospel or correct. This sends the wrong message and if anything shows that he doesn't get it. I'll say it again, regardless of the vagaries of the umpiring (and believe me, I think it's at best confusing and at worst terrible), we have been an undisciplined team for years. We covered it by being better than everyone for 4 years. Now we have come back to the pack, it sticks out like dogs' balls. It's all well and good for him to complain about how we're adjudicated but how about he works on it in training and the players get better at it, rather than him offering up this sort of rubbish to the media. It sounds like cheap excuses, and he's a lot better than that.

Get our own backyard better Dimma, rather than focusing on things that are out of your hands. All you're doing is drawing a bigger bullseye.
You should probably watch the full presser rather than reacting to a single vague snipped quote.

Reactions: 2 users