Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Twice Geelong have got the benefit of the doubt and No 50.

The first chance they get against us - 50!!

Reactions: 3 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Dimma has to call the umpires out for not stopping the game. Where is the duty of care!!!
Stengle kicks a goal when it’s 17 v 18. Absolute farce!
They reported Stewart, so game has to be stopped for the victim treatment

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Imho we have a case to ask how we are so often losing free kick counts and like today by so much , we always seem on the wrong side of a 50/50

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I can't understand what logic these umpires have when it comes to two teams tackling for a free. Even the commentators were shocked we missed so many obvious ones.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The umps run of semi competent umpiring lasted a whole 3 games. Baby steps I guess

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
what hurts a bit is the Cants take out our form player
the Dumps don't stop the game
then proceed to give us nothing

Reactions: 1 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
To be fair, I'm the only one saying there's no farce. The statistician is too much of a numbers person to have an opinion on that without facts and figures. All they did was tell me we have scored more from free kicks than anyone else in the last 20 years.
What were the figures? Are we talking hundreds ahead?

I would put it to you that it is the way the defenders play on our key forwards in that time, Richardson and Reiwoldt. It is the oppositions ill discipline and style of play against superior players. They need to hold, scrag, and push out in the contest. Maybe their coaches need to change up the way they play and coach some discipline into them to not give us such an apparent huge advantage.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Why didn't the umpires stop play when Prestia was king hit. I bet they would've if it was a Scats player

Free kicks 13- 26:mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

Mycotchinrules

Mar 17, 2014
Full credit to Geelong. A game of incredible intensity and they only give away 13 free kicks.

Either that, or the umpires are corrupt cheating *smile* with a directive to umpire Richmond differently.

Who knows

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Why didn't the umpires stop play when Prestia was king hit. I bet they would've if it was a Scats player

Free kicks 13- 26:mad:
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing; I kept thinking that one of the players with the ball was going to just stop and point out that someone was down.

And how do non-controlling umpires habitually make calls on jumpers being tugged from 50 metres away, but none of them had the intelligence or even empathy to stop the play when a player was down and in outer space.

I guess players on the ground and not moving wasn’t in their list of things to look for. (And it’s a hard game to umpire and all that jazz)

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
The 3 sHocking umpires can gagf. Blatant cheats or totally incompetent or acting on the directions of afl hq.

They can gagf,
I hope they never reproduce. If they already have kids, I hope they’re all real little bastards and get worse when they grow older.
I hope their home loans are over extended.
I hope their cars have 5 flat tyres.
I hope they have flat batteries.
I hope they forget to put oil in their cars and the motors seize
I hope they all get plantar fasciitis in both feet
I hope their dogs hate them and bite them at every opportunity
I hope their mothers in law hate them and bag the *smile* out of them
I hope their (unfortunate) wives are habitual naggers and are *smile* cooks

They can all gagf. Prick bastards.

Reactions: 8 users

Mycotchinrules

Mar 17, 2014
De Koening not fit to carry Lynch's bag, but umps allow him to grab, scrag, hold, block all night.

Goes up the other end and they can't blow the whistle quick enough.

I'm so so so *smile* done with this *smile*

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing; I kept thinking that one of the players with the ball was going to just stop and point out that someone was down.

And how do non-controlling umpires habitually make calls on jumpers being tugged from 50 metres away, but none of them had the intelligence or even empathy to stop the play when a player was down and in outer space.

I guess players on the ground and not moving wasn’t in their list of things to look for.
And the Scats got a goal while we we're a man down, it's hard enough playing against 22 + the umpires, let alone when 1 player short:mad:

Reactions: 1 user