Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The 3 sHocking umpires can gagf. Blatant cheats or totally incompetent or acting on the directions of afl hq.

They can gagf,
I hope they never reproduce. If they already have kids, I hope they’re all real little bastards and get worse when they grow older.
I hope their home loans are over extended.
I hope their cars have 5 flat tyres.
I hope they have flat batteries.
I hope they forget to put oil in their cars and the motors seize
I hope they all get plantar fasciitis in both feet
I hope their dogs hate them and bite them at every opportunity
I hope their mothers in law hate them and bag the *smile* out of them
I hope their (unfortunate) wives are habitual naggers and are *smile* cooks

They can all gagf. Prick bastards.
Good rant.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
26 frees to Pussies 13 to us
umps looking for any excuse to give the pussies an advantage to get them over the line
the frees that other teams get we never get the umps judge us under a different rule book
we not only have to beat the opposition but get over the free kick handicap the umps place on us
We need to lodge an official complaint every week with the AFL. :bash:bash

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing; I kept thinking that one of the players with the ball was going to just stop and point out that someone was down.

And how do non-controlling umpires habitually make calls on jumpers being tugged from 50 metres away, but none of them had the intelligence or even empathy to stop the play when a player was down and in outer space.

I guess players on the ground and not moving wasn’t in their list of things to look for. (And it’s a hard game to umpire and all that jazz)
The umps have earpieces and you can see them with the look that their listening to instructions
wouldnt be surprised if they were told to let the game continue Whilst we were a man knocked out for at least 3 mins we were a player short

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
26 frees to Pussies 13 to us
umps looking for any excuse to give the pussies an advantage to get them over the line
the frees that other teams get we never get the umps judge us under a different rule book
we not only have to beat the opposition but get over the free kick handicap the umps place on us
We need to lodge an official complaint every week with the AFL
That's what it looked like Btoz.

They couldn't WAIT to give Geelong a free, but ours had to be super obvious.

RIGGED

Reactions: 1 user

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
The umps have earpieces and you can see them with the look that their listening to instructions
wouldnt be surprised if they were told to let the game continue Whilst we were a man knocked out for at least 3 mins we were a player short
This wouldn’t surprise me.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
It's always the ones they don't pay with us.

Lynch could have had 3 free kicks in one passage of play he was so badly manhandled.

13 free kicks for the match??
Our forwards don’t get much.

Would love the stats to show if I’m correct or wrong compared to other forwards in the top 8-12.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
It might make us feel a bit better that the fee kicks are even more lopsided up in Sydney. No prizes for guessing who's ahead.

I've watched a lot of footy at all levels for over 50 years and as the game has become more of a business in the last couple of decades I reckon the officiating has gotten more and more corrupt. These days they are just taking the *smile*.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I’m not going to get into the free kicks discussion but I will say that there is no excuse at all for the umpires not stopping the game when Dion Prestia was knocked senseless.
That was not showing a duty of care for the player. There are 3 of them out there and they can communicate with each other.
Inexcusable

Reactions: 16 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’m not going to get into the free kicks discussion but I will say that there is no excuse at all for the umpires not stopping the game when Dion Prestia was knocked senseless.
That was not showing a duty of care for the player. There are 3 of them out there and they can communicate with each other.
Inexcusable
Not only was it incompetent, it was dangerous. That needs to be clearly communicated to the umpires and the ones involved shouldn’t umpire for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Inexcusable
Agree. It also cost us the game. Cheating. Facts.

• Angry

bozo

Tiger Rookie
Dec 11, 2007
North Carlton
Not only was it incompetent, it was dangerous. That needs to be clearly communicated to the umpires and the ones involved shouldn’t umpire for a couple of weeks.
The ball was kicked straight over him while trainers were trying to help him, could not believe they didn’t stop it.

• Angry

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
The frees we don’t receive have nothing to do with the alleged ‘way we play‘, which is a convenient and self fulfilling narrative.

If Hawkins uses two hands to push the player in front of him in the back to take a mark, that’s in the back.
If Baker is tackled around the neck, that’s too high.
If Lynch is contacted from in front and held at the same time, take your pick.
If a cats player takes off down the field and is run down and tackled and doesn’t get rid of it, that’s holding the ball
If a cats player is tackled and disposes with one hand, that’s throwing the ball
If Rioil handballs to the ground to elude his defender and runs to get his own handball but is held back by the defender, that’s holding the man.
If Short has a mark in the middle of the ground and there’s no man on the mark and he moves forward in a straight line to kick the ball and the umpire hasn’t called play on yet and a cats player runs past him in the protected area (regardless of a man taking the mark or not), that’s a 50m penalty.

and so on and so forth…

Ok, so we give away what we give away sure (even then, there were some fairly dubious ones tonight), but we simply just do not receive anywhere near the frees we should and it shows time and again both in isolation and when compared to other sides over extended periods.

Some statistics are so anomalous as to almost appear to be by design.

• Angry
Reactions: 18 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The opposition Coach's brother is the head of football and basically hires and fires anyone he dosent like.
Its not like the umpires today were not going to assist the cats.
Only in the AFL can you have the head of football have a brother who is a coach in the same competition.
Today had all the hallmarks of bias A1 umpiring.
They saw all the ones for the cats but accidentally on purpose saw none against us.
In a spate of 10 seconds, the Viking was holding Lynch and then grab him by the neck and then Clarke got pushed in the back, all play on, but luckily Bolton was able to mark and kick a goal.

Reactions: 1 users