Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
I am stunned that a punter has not issued a legal challenge on this decision. Amateur hour from the AFL with massive money riding on the highly dubious decision to reverse an official's call.
Yeah , I like the way you think. I would also like to see rfc lodge a legal case against the afl. F… ‘em….they make Shiite up as they go along.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah , I like the way you think. I would also like to see rfc lodge a legal case against the afl. F… ‘em….they make Shiite up as they go along.
If a punter or punters pushed a class action, and it had legs, the AFL would instruct the bookmakers to pay out on a Richmond win to shut the law suit down

Reactions: 1 user

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Definitely more modern than me.

Interestingly Hardwick said tonight they were still trying to find out if the ARC had different vision, you would have thought the club would know how it worked.
Don't recall him saying they're asking if they had different vision. He said the club is seeking clarification. I think the AFL would be shitting themselves. They know they can't justify it.

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
That’s okay. I’m big enough to apologise if I see this fictitious extra footage.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 7, 2016
Tuesday now, are the AFL ready to release the deep fake they are getting made up which shows the conclusive evidence yet? Weird that the ARC could overturn it in ten seconds but it's been five days and our small brains are obviously still not ready to comprehend this amazing footage.

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
What happened is they saw that one angle of the ball on the wrong side of the post and rushed to a decision before thinking it through properly. Now the AFL are pretending that footage was definitive. There should be more outrage from the media. There will be when it happens to their team.
This. How quickly did they make a decision in such an important game with such a tight scoreline. I've seen more time taken on decisions about whether the ball was a behind or OOB.

Dimma's point about it costing the club millions is an interesting one. Not sure millions is the impact but we will have been financially impacted by the AFL's wrongs of not following their own process. Hoping we are considering some form of legal challenge for compensation.

Reactions: 5 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Can someone shed some light on Hipwoods run up for the goal after the quarter time siren (1st or 2nd, can't remember). How on earth was he considered to be on the line of the mark to goal. He gestures he's going to do the left footers arch, but run straight, no angle, completely off the mark, yet no play on, to bad, after the siren, and awarded a goal.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Don't recall him saying they're asking if they had different vision. He said the club is seeking clarification. I think the AFL would be shitting themselves. They know they can't justify it.

I checked and he definitely said different vision, and then last night on Footy Classified Hutchy said there is absolutely different vision.

Hard to know what to believe at this point.

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I checked and he definitely said different vision, and then last night on Footy Classified Hutchy said there is absolutely different vision.

Yeah watched it again and Dimma said they've asked if there is another angle. I'm pretty sure Hutchinson doesn't know if there was or wasn't another angle and was just assuming that surely there must be. Seems at this stage that there isn't.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Every time there is acontroversial ARC they say there is different vision. Why isn't it on the screen amongst the "wall"

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
There is no alternative vision that was used by the ARC. They are currently trying to find mobile phone footage that clearly shows it was a point so they can at least say the right outcome was achieved.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Believe nothing.
Our world can pick a bullshitter.
We are calling Gil and the afl bullshitters.
No different video required.
We all saw what happened and has happened since.
I do want the tigers to rage against these bullshitters though until they see they need to say they were wrong and robbed us of a win in a final, and broke their own rules and have been treating us differently to others.
We know Gil, we know.
Go tigers.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Every time there is acontroversial ARC they say there is different vision. Why isn't it on the screen amongst the "wall"

I have no idea, new vision is news to me. As I've said before I'm sure they (or at least they did up until 2020) don't show the vision the arc is looking at on the screen at the same time the are looking at it in real time but as far as I know they use the same cameras and footage.

I've never seen any footage available that wasn't shown on channel 7 apart from the lock off down the ground cameras used for coaching but I can't imagine they would be used for a review.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I have no idea, new vision is news to me. As I've said before I'm sure they (or at least they did up until 2020) don't show the vision the arc is looking at on the screen at the same time the are looking at it in real time but as far as I know they use the same cameras and footage.

I've never seen any footage available that wasn't shown on channel 7 apart from the lock off down the ground cameras used for coaching but I can't imagine they would be used for a review.
They needed a camera in the stands side on to the goals so they could sync the front on vision to the goal line. The transmitter in the ball will be best assuming it works.

I'd like to hear the goal umpire on the night's version of events. I have a feeling we won't see him again this year and he'll probably accidentally fall out of a hospital window.

• Wow
  • Haha