Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Can’t stand the *smile* Pussies
Umps weren’t rewarding Cartoon tackles in the forward line Dropping the ball just wasn’t being paid it was always play on

Certainly felt like Carlton were shafted by in sheer numbers it was Carlton 14, Geelong 10.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Umps having a decent crack trying to get one of their love child’s (WB) over the line in WA - not going to help though!

Jeremy Cameron has the umps mesmerised, hypnotised. Out of bounds but want to have shot? No worries. Bit too far out to score, no worries jezza have a 50 for something-or-other. He has supernatural powers.

Its as if they want us to go off the game.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
50's like this a so frustrating.

I assume it was paid because Bolton slightly touched him, didn't change anything about his movement, didn't hamper him at all, but 50m paid as he wasn't in the original contest.

Meanwhile, Dusty marks a ball inside 50, his man who was trailing him inside 50 and didn't compete in the marking contest, grabs on to him and won't let go, stopping him from playing on, but that ones all good.

I just don't get what we are doing with 50's in the game.
Yep, I mentioned this at the game. Technically the Shai one was there, even though I’d argue that it just another ridiculous rule that detracts from the actual game (who wants to see these tiggy touchwood frees?) but the Dusty one should’ve been paid before the Shai one. Just reamed again, week in week out.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, I mentioned this at the game. Technically the Shai one was there, even though I’d argue that it just another ridiculous rule that detracts from the actual game (who wants to see these tiggy touchwood frees?) but the Dusty one should’ve been paid before the Shai one. Just reamed again, week in week out.
Yeah it was there, but they usually don't pay it. Lost count of how many times I've seen exactly the same thing happen this round, no 50, usually not even request to move back. For whatever reason the umps are consistently harsh on Shai for on the mark 50s. They are always technically there, but usually not paid against players who aren't Shai.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah it was there, but they usually don't pay it. Lost count of how many times I've seen exactly the same thing happen this round, no 50, usually not even request to move back. For whatever reason the umps are consistently harsh on Shai for on the mark 50s. They are always technically there, but usually not paid against players who aren't Shai.
I wonder if it’s a payback thing for Shai, because he’s dared to question them by committing the unpardonable sin of pointing to the scoreboard to illustrate that they got it wrong.

This article is a good summary of everything that is wrong with the afl.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1119481

Game changing incidents over bureaucratic rule infringements leading to over officiating backed up by head office that brought in the stupid rules to begin with.

I don’t know how you can stand their with a straight face as an executive and say this *smile*.

I’m sure the sycophantic media will say the player should have known better. Except we will find that 50% of the time it isn’t paid.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Certainly felt like Carlton were shafted by in sheer numbers it was Carlton 14, Geelong 10.
There was the most blatant toe poke from a cats player straight out of bounds 10m from the boundary with no one there. Play on. Couldn't believe it.

The footage being shown and the explanation given do not align. Cripps is actually closer to where the mark actually should be. That is absolutely bizarre. Some honesty would be welcome.

Game changing incidents over bureaucratic rule infringements leading to over officiating backed up by head office that brought in the stupid rules to begin with.

I don’t know how you can stand their with a straight face as an executive and say this *smile*.

I’m sure the sycophantic media will say the player should have known better. Except we will find that 50% of the time it isn’t paid.
"There's a little bit of common sense that gets applied," Kane told Footy Feed Extra“

I laughed myself off the chair when I read that quote

Good ol' Giggling Laura with her weekly word salad.

Can’t stand the *smile* Pussies
Umps weren’t rewarding Cartoon tackles in the forward line Dropping the ball just wasn’t being paid it was always play on
Always for the cats. Been doing it for a couple of years at least now. As soon as they are tackled they let the ball drop. Every. *smile*. Time

Reactions: 4 users
Always for the cats. Been doing it for a couple of years at least now. As soon as they are tackled they let the ball drop. Every. *smile*. Time
yep, pies do it too. Ive also noticed the past few years that the pies players are very animated with body language and arms calling frees before the umps. Its clear they are trying to subconsciously influence them. Teams find their own little ways to exploit the game

Geelong are unreal for just dropping the ball and getting away with incorrect disposal. That very mediocre Koladudski did it 3 times in the space of about 6 minutes on Saturday and each time the umpires just called play on. Boos from the Carlton fans raining down.

(Welcome to our world every single week Blues.)

Reactions: 3 users
Geelong are unreal for just dropping the ball and getting away with incorrect disposal. That very mediocre Koladudski did it 3 times in the space of about 6 minutes on Saturday and each time the umpires just called play on. Boos from the Carlton fans raining down.

(Welcome to our world every single week Blues.)
And the Hawkins one. Both totally idiot proof had-a-week-to-get-rid-of-it-then-dropped-it-cold obvious

"There's a little bit of common sense that gets applied," Kane told Footy Feed Extra“

I laughed myself off the chair when I read that quote
Yep the common sense that because two players are near the umpire told one of them to stay but because they didn't hear it or ignored it, and despite the fact the other one stayed there it is 50m. (and that if the stupid rule didn't exist we would get rid of a raft of stupid decisions and could just go back to properly enforcing players not going OVER the mark - the lack of which was the root cause of all this bs to begin with (and/or richmond tin foil hat theory))

Reactions: 3 users
50's like this a so frustrating.

I assume it was paid because Bolton slightly touched him, didn't change anything about his movement, didn't hamper him at all, but 50m paid as he wasn't in the original contest.
I don’t care what the rule is and how the rule is interpreted but any game that requires an umpire to give a 50 for that has major issues with the way it is adjudicated.

That is garbage. I don’t care what the AFL says or the media says there is no justification that something like that should be penalised in that way.

Imagine if a team lost a final because of that bull *smile*

Reactions: 10 users