Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Imagine if it was Collingwood copping this *smile* week after week, year after year. There would be outrage.

Imagine if it was Geelong. Salty Scott and the media fan boys would be frothing all over the joint ( no fines for salty though).

If it was Essington or Pordadelaide, Blobbo and Cornes would be all over it in their various media gigs.

But if anyone from Richmond or a Tiger friendly journo called it out, they’d be quickly cut down as whingers.

Reactions: 4 users
Brad Johnson (who doesn’t like tigers) called the umpires out today for having two sets of rules. He said for some clubs it’s ok to kick the ball less than 15 metre and umps pay the mark and don’t call play on like they do for other (tigers) teams.

He has obviously been watching tigers and Geelong games this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't bother watching the game, but as expected, same old story again. We're fighting 2 clubs every week.

Reactions: 1 user
Brad Johnson (who doesn’t like tigers) called the umpires out today for having two sets of rules. He said for some clubs it’s ok to kick the ball less than 15 metre and umps pay the mark and don’t call play on like they do for other (tigers) teams.

But he was the same flog calling the 50 on half time legit….the siren had gone!!

The first surprise there is that Brad Johnson actually watched a game

Reactions: 1 user
Ah we’ll, if the clubs all good with it then what can we do? As I’ve said multiple times members will simply stop turning up if they feel like we’re not getting umpired fairly game after game. It’s already started happening from my circle of friends.

How the *smile* can every teams average fees against all of a sudden go down when they play us? No other way to explain but to say it’s blatant cheating.

We are not getting the frees all other teams are getting!!!
For the first time in decades I turned the tv off.
After threatening to for so long this is it. My blood pressure breaches the barometric scale watching these *smile* wit umpires ever6 week.
I just can’t handle it any longer. I just went and read a book on the Scottish Galloglass.

I couldn’t be stuffed listening to the likes of Garry rootchata Lyon with his sycophantic afl views. I’m over it. Him, B *smile* T, Canetoad! Whateley, the *smile* Scotts. The whole lot make me want to puke. In their laps.

They can all gagf.

Send the *smile* umpires on a training run to Mumbai, with the rest of the trough lapping crew

Last edited:
As a supporter I can handle going to watch my team struggle because bit of injury or even bad skills and execution I will come back next week and hope they get it right but I shouldn't have to go to a game and be focused on how the umpires are blatantly biased and not umpiring the game fairly in 40 odd years of going to the footy up until the last couple of years this was never a thing that was a focus. You might have had the odd game where you felt cheated or thought the umpires were poor but not like it currently is that it seem to be a deliberate agenda against the Richmond football club. I'm. Not a conspiracy theorist but this absolute reeks of corruption and manipulation of the game to fit an agenda that the AFL wants for whatever reason. Hopefully someone can expose the the actual hell is going on.

Reactions: 6 users
I don’t understand how the AFL can allow a disgruntled ex-employee be head of the umpiring division

Surely Benny has raised this already

As a supporter I can handle going to watch my team struggle because bit of injury or even bad skills and execution I will come back next week and hope they get it right but I shouldn't have to go to a game and be focused on how the umpires are blatantly biased and not umpiring the game fairly in 40 odd years of going to the footy up until the last couple of years this was never a thing that was a focus. You might have had the odd game where you felt cheated or thought the umpires were poor but not like it currently is that it seem to be a deliberate agenda against the Richmond football club. I'm. Not a conspiracy theorist but this absolute reeks of corruption and manipulation of the game to fit an agenda that the AFL wants for whatever reason. Hopefully someone can expose the the actual hell is going on.

Same thoughts as me, we were always going to struggle through this period with so many key players out, but it goes from a very unlikely fight to an impossible one when you bring these turds into it. It halts momentum switches that we can create, it enables the other side to completely control the game, and it makes it practically unwatchable. The crowd today was incensed. Normally most would leave, early but a high proportion stayed to make sure they could boo those flogs off.

It was a strange game, I felt 2 quarters were umpired relatively evenly (and the free kicks matched up with that) and 2 were umpired with a massive bias (quarters 2 and 4) which is where the bulk of the margin was piled on as Freo could just control the game.

Maybe we don't call it out directly, I'd actually be content if Ooze told them not to tackle next week, just corral. When asked in the presser why our tackles were so low, make it obvious and say, whats the point when you are never rewarded. Embarass the pricks.

Nothing will change but at least the players will feel supported. The players were clearly annoyed at the ground and I suspect there was a bit of lip from the Freo forwards who got wrestled with a fair bit today (and by numerous players).

Reactions: 4 users
Same thoughts as me, we were always going to struggle through this period with so many key players out, but it goes from a very unlikely fight to an impossible one when you bring these turds into it. It halts momentum switches that we can create, it enables the other side to completely control the game, and it makes it practically unwatchable. The crowd today was incensed. Normally most would leave, early but a high proportion stayed to make sure they could boo those flogs off.

It was a strange game, I felt 2 quarters were umpired relatively evenly (and the free kicks matched up with that) and 2 were umpired with a massive bias (quarters 2 and 4) which is where the bulk of the margin was piled on as Freo could just control the game.

Maybe we don't call it out directly, I'd actually be content if Ooze told them not to tackle next week, just corral. When asked in the presser why our tackles were so low, make it obvious and say, whats the point when you are never rewarded. Embarass the pricks.

Nothing will change but at least the players will feel supported. The players were clearly annoyed at the ground and I suspect there was a bit of lip from the Freo forwards who got wrestled with a fair bit today (and by numerous players).
You are correct It's key moments in the game when they pay free against us or not pay one that is obviously when we are on a run. That free with a 50 after the siren for example. I called it 30 seconds before it happened it was a perfect time for a momentum call I said to my mate watch this Freo will get a *smile* free here in a minute. It's becoming very predictable now of when they pay or not pay them. I always thought this game would be to difficult to manipulate but that is proving to be incorrect

Reactions: 3 users
There is a big part of what is going on which is not the umpires fault, it is the AFL’s fault.
Stand rule, holding the ball, 50 metre penalties, ruck infringements… the list goes on.
The rules have been so bastardised that the poor punter in the stands hasn’t got a clue what is going on. We were laughing at times today, it’s like a bloody lottery.
Richmond loses the lottery more than anyone but it shouldn’t be a lottery in the first place. They have made a great game bordering on unwatchable.

Reactions: 10 users
You are correct It's key moments in the game when they pay free against us or not pay one that is obviously when we are on a run. That free with a 50 after the siren for example. I called it 30 seconds before it happened it was a perfect time for a momentum call I said to my mate watch this Freo will get a *smile* free here in a minute. It's becoming very predictable now of when they pay or not pay them. I always thought this game would be to difficult to manipulate but that is proving to be incorrect

What about the "down the ground" for basically not touching Serong in the 2nd? We were just about to turn his scrubbed kick over and move inside 50, and the umpire signals a free to them, then they move the ball down the ground.

There were so many examples of that, where swings in momentum are just killed stopping any swings for us, and our ability to control the game.

Reactions: 5 users
Hard to manipulate. Not sure about that now. They have thw media's blessing yo *smile* us over and they are just killing us.
They are paying free kicks and NOONE knows why?
The free kick to Darcy??????
What for??
The free kick to Amiss, he drag down Millier.

Because they know noone will question them .they are making some decisions for the fun of it now. It's ridiculous

I was hoping when he paid the 50 and he was running back to the goal square some one would jump the fence and unleash on the coward.
They are cheating.

Longmuir complaining that Amiss was being man handled all day… unbelievable what a campaigner

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 10 users