Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Reactions: 1 users
9 to 2 frees for Freo in the 2nd qtr killed us off. I’ve never heard the umpires get booed off like that ever, especially as they were walking off at half time.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Don’t worry Geeflog media will hush it down and say we are just naughty boys

Reactions: 1 users
What’s staggering is that these ’journos’ who do nothing else but watch and supposedly analyse AFL haven’t noticed this before. Haven’t got a whiff of it. Haven’t heard anything from an entire supporter group of a club with 100,000 members. Nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
is Roco the only mainstream sport's journo that's finally starting to begin to do their job these days?
Edit:Oops saw this was already posted. Sorry.

I think he was responding to this from Robbo.
1000026661.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I’ve got us last in previous 5 seasons (not including this year) at -325, next GWS at -108, then Sydney -98 and Hawthorn -71.

Including this year (but not this round) I have us at -365, then GWS -143, Sydney -103 and Hawthorn -77.

This is from AFL Tables data, and matches the 2017 to now data that Stoobes posted earlier

I have numbers but I'll need to wait until AFL Tables updates for the week. We're definitely last but it is a question as to who is not at all close behind us.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Start of the 4th Qtr the Tiges are defending deep and the ball is hacked forward and it hits Dusty and flies up into the air, after which Dusty catches the ball.

He was on his own and there was no contest between two players, so the umpires couldn’t play their favourite game: ‘sorry we didn’t see it’.

There’s absolutely no rational or acceptable reason for the umpires to have not called it a mark.

The thought of an agenda feels insane to think about, however the amount of ‘non calls’ is infuriating and impacts on the enjoyment of watching the game.

Reactions: 5 users
Umpiring horrendous again, and it’s starting to wear me down.

For 40+ years my whole weekend planning has revolved around when the Tigers were playing. Nothing was ever booked or organised if it clashed with our games. Ladder position and opposition was irrelevant, nothing stood in the way of me watching and barracking for the RFC.

I now find myself in the position where I am questioning if it is all worth it. All rusted on Tiger fans can take a beating. We are well and truly used to it.

But getting reamed week in, week out by poor umpiring is testing not only my love of AFL, but also my desire to watch Richmond every week. I never thought that would be the case.

Thanks AFL, you are ruining my enjoyment of watching the team I love. Not sure how much more of this I can take. My passion is waning. I no longer jump out of the chair in outrage at a poor decision, I just laugh sarcastically.

All we want is a fair fight. It’s not much to ask.

I’d say it is. I was at the game and I thought I saw him do that but have not seen any footage of it. TBH I don’t blame him, the boys were frustrated with the crap that was dished out to them from the Umpire opposition team.

1714911558259.png

Now updated til the end of this round. Good to see Robbo & Roco onboard, Robbo even missed a few of the worst years in 2017/18.

Reactions: 3 users
As a supporter I can handle going to watch my team struggle because bit of injury or even bad skills and execution I will come back next week and hope they get it right but I shouldn't have to go to a game and be focused on how the umpires are blatantly biased and not umpiring the game fairly in 40 odd years of going to the footy up until the last couple of years this was never a thing that was a focus. You might have had the odd game where you felt cheated or thought the umpires were poor but not like it currently is that it seem to be a deliberate agenda against the Richmond football club. I'm. Not a conspiracy theorist but this absolute reeks of corruption and manipulation of the game to fit an agenda that the AFL wants for whatever reason. Hopefully someone can expose the the actual hell is going on.

This

I have been going to the footy since 1969
For us older fans remember when there was only one field umpire - they were the days
I simply NEVER remembering talking about umpiring as much as what is being talked about now in those days
Of course there were the odd bad decisions. there was some booing but I never ever remember going home and complaining ad nauseum about free kicks which is what is happening now
The game was far better umpired when there was only one guy, his interpretation and he stuck to it all game
I also dont remember players getting as wound as up as they do now
For each additional umpire over the years the game has changed for the worse
The constant whistling that goes on now does my head it - it completely stops free flow of the game and noone knows what t he hell the free is for or who is to take it
I know the AFL will not countenance any criticism of their game and keep saying it is in the best shape ever but it is not
It is becoming a huge turn off for fans

Reactions: 7 users
I'm pretty sure Pickett gives away 10 free kicks a week
And no wonder Bsker wants out. He has had his head ripped off his shoulders 2 weeks in a row for no whistle.
Boo the pricks. Don't stop just booo.
Put it on the banner. 'The Umpires are cheats"

Reactions: 3 users
That bloke will get life from the AFL for having the temerity to complain to the opposition Umpire team .