Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geez the umps love the Bulldogs , already they lead the free kick differential at +32 they’re now leading 12-5 against Geelong down at Kardinia park!

Reactions: 1 user

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Geez the umps love the Bulldogs , already they lead the free kick differential at +32 they’re now leading 12-5 against Geelong down at Kardinia park!
Agree, and the contact below the knees went as a high tackle to the dogs ( just one of the many 50/50 the dogs got)

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
*Round 15 Updated* Umpire Watch 2021 - End the Free Kick Farce

Carlton 25 Richmond 15 Foot Fleer Mollison
Hawthorn 22 Richmond 25 Fisher Brown Gavine
Sydney 25 Richmond 15 Power Dalgleish Johanson
Port 22 Richmond 12 Rosebury Deboy Hosking
St Kilda 23 Richmond 13 Stevic Gavine Fleer
Melbourne 24 Richmond 17 Stephens Dalgleish Williamson
Bulldogs 17 Richmond 21 Fisher Fleer Glouftsis
Geelong 21 Richmond 11 Haussen Stephens Williamson
GWS 19 Richmond 12 Foot Hosking Deboy
Brisbane 28 Richmond 16 Donlon Nicholls Howorth
Adelaide 12 Richmond 19 Haussen Hosking Toner
Essendon 12 Richmond 17 Margetts Dalgleish Johanson
West Coast 25 Richmond 15 Haussen Rosebury Dore
St Kilda 18 Richmond 23 Stevic Deboy Fleer

Umpire Tallies - Including RFC Games Total
2 Rosebury -20
2 Stephens -17
2 Williamson -17
2 Foot -17
3 Haussen -13
3 Deboy -12
3 Dalgeish -12
1 Donlon -12
1 Nicholls -12
1 Howorth -12
4 Fleer -11
3 Hosking -10
1 Dore -10
1 Mollison -10
1 Power -10
2 Gavine -7
2 Stevic -5
2 Johanson -5
1 Brown +3
1 Glouftsis +4
1 Margetts +5
1 Toner +7
2 Fisher +7

Deboy Stevic and Fleer have had dung flung at them by Steve "Why couldn't I be Whiskas?" Hocking. "Not working hard enough boys!" was his appraisal at the weekly gathering of the AFLUA. "We want Richmond to lose both on the scoreboard and also in their collective minds. Keep the pressure up, dammit! The plan is starting to bear fruit."
"Put your hand down Ray, I've told you before. You're the ace up our sleeve. You'll get your chance."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
My latest most hated rule interpretation surrounds dropping the ball. I think it's genesis was a few years ago when they started calling 'knocked free in the tackle' - whatever that means. It has led to players just letting go of the ball as soon as they feel the tackle, but before it is really made. A legalised drop. Now what's happening is that the tackler is being penalised for holding on too long after the ball has been 'knocked free in the tackle', aka dropped.

In simple terms, a player is being tackled whilst in possession, dropping the ball instantly and then winning a free kick for being held. Does my "smile"ing head in.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
My latest most hated rule interpretation surrounds dropping the ball. I think it's genesis was a few years ago when they started calling 'knocked free in the tackle' - whatever that means. It has led to players just letting go of the ball as soon as they feel the tackle, but before it is really made. A legalised drop. Now what's happening is that the tackler is being penalised for holding on too long after the ball has been 'knocked free in the tackle', aka dropped.

In simple terms, a player is being tackled whilst in possession, dropping the ball instantly and then winning a free kick for being held. Does my "smile"ing head in.

Grossly inconsistent too as they let you tackle a player before they have possession of the ball, but you get pinged if you tackle when they have the ball and continue the tackle after they have illegally disposed of the ball.

Makes no sense.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Not making excuses, but I just wanna know the umpiring numbers from the last quarter.

I know we were in front in the 3rd quarter, but it ended 29-22.

But I'm interested in the exact 4th quarter numbers

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Not making excuses, but I just wanna know the umpiring numbers from the last quarter.

I know we were in front in the 3rd quarter, but it ended 29-22.

But I'm interested in the exact 4th quarter numbers
I think it was 11-1

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
We r the dumbest side in the AFL. So many dumb frees in the last. They didn’t cost us we did it ourselves. Just stupid stuff. They deserved to win, please don’t claim the umps influenced the result.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We r the dumbest side in the AFL. So many dumb frees in the last. They didn’t cost us we did it ourselves. Just stupid stuff. They deserved to win, please don’t claim the umps influenced the result.
Yeah it’s a as dumb as claiming the umpires cost us the Eagles game. There were at least 3 separate occasions in the last quarter where Richmond players blatantly tackled opponents without the footy. That’s just dumb and undisciplined.

Our footy ability isn’t the only thing that seems to have disappeared since the bye. Our discipline is gone as well.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Seriously, how often does this club (i.e Gale) ask questions about this continuous problem.