Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
They also got a freebie with 5 seconds to go in the second quarter. Never saw a replay.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think the umpires are officiating the game as they have been instructed to. That is to minimise contact. This is Hocking’s dream, remove contact from the game. He wants a glorified version of kick to kick. We’re a physical side that play a hard brand. This contactless game they want affects us probably more than any other side.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
I thought umpiring was bad for both.
We were given 2 non free kicks in our forward 50.
Free down field for push in back which resulted in goal for one.
We should have lost by 30.

Also if Lynch or Jack kicked truly, we would be 18.up in the 3rd.

We are gone...

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That was umpire number 1. He was absolutely apalling. A couple of times I saw the other umpire overule him from 30m away. I felt he was on the take it was that bad. I nearly blew a head gasket. Murdered.

they were deplorable ALL night, both ways.

I reckon they'de have 5 missed calls each from Louise Milligan and Sally Neighbour by 3/4 time.

but then in the last, they completely bought in to the Suns famous victory narrative

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They’re cheating *smile*. But it didn’t alter the result. We’re *smile* terrible at the moment. Still shaking my head at the last 10 minutes of Eagles game then the Saints and Suns game. Can’t believe the velocity of our descent. It’s like we been chucked out of a plane at 30000 feet with no parachute.

WTF is going on???

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
a raffle. anyone see the throw paid against essadun in the last Q? it was a throw sure, but not a blatant one, just your average flick pass-ey one that happen 30 or 40 times a game. Happened 20 times, and worse, during that Q. Why did he pluck one out like that? Unfathomable.

Reactions: 1 users

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
a raffle. anyone see the throw paid against essadun in the last Q? it was a throw sure, but not a blatant one, just your average flick pass-ey one that happen 30 or 40 times a game. Happened 20 times, and worse, during that Q. Why did he pluck one out like that? Unfathomable.
Not really "rule of the week" ( obviously) it happened last night and tonight.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That’s what *smile* me. The randomness of that call. As you suggest that type of disposal is common but is rarely called. Just be consistent you muppets.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
One other thing. Usually when there is a ruck contest between a ruckman and a key forward in that players forward line the ruckman gets the interference free or over the shoulder free or whatever other Ruck infringement free the maggots feel like paying. Except when it involves big Hawk. He is judged by a different set of rules that say he can push, shove, block or anything to the oppo ruckman and never get pinged. In part because he is big Tom and we love waxing lyrical about big Tom using his strength in those contests.
Poor Hooker tonight got pinged for a couple that left me scratching my head. Hawkins never gets pinged.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Over 50 free kicks for the game suggests its over done reguardless of who got them

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Our discipline is gone as well.
Been playing a lot of petulant, arrogant, angry, disdainful footy this year.
In a perverse way it might not be such a bad thing to miss finals this year. Get an extended break, refresh and reset the attitude n hunger, plus conduct the necessary renewal adjustments of the playing list. Start anew in 22.

• Wow

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The umpires today just have absolutely no feel for the game.
Don't want the maggots feeling the game, simply want them adjudicating the rules.

Moggies bro, texted me on Thurs mid game claiming the maggots were looking after us. When I read n responded to his text after the game I suggested 11 frees to 1 in the last qtr was hardly looking after us, he simply replied all the frees were there. A point I couldn't argue against.

• Wow

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Been playing a lot of petulant, arrogant, angry, disdainful footy this year.
In a perverse way it might not be such a bad thing to miss finals this year. Get an extended break, refresh and reset the attitude n hunger, plus conduct the necessary renewal adjustments of the playing list. Start anew in 22.
Quite conceivable that we could be still in the eight next week, but Freo would have to lose to Blues. Melbourne should beat Giants.
Since when do we drop our heads when we can still make the eight?