Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
why don't we get Glouftsis, Margetts, Toner and Fisher any more?

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
so I think we can discount

the umpires dont like black and yellow theory

I watched Labrador (tigers jumpers) V Surfers (Dees jumpers) today.

and the Tigers received an incredible armchair ride from the umps.

it was as relentlessly bad for Surfers as it is for Richmond.

so its not the jumper.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Blackadder and Baldrick
Don’t ruin one of my all time favourite shows.
Blackadder and Baldrick were far more entertaining and knew how to put on a good show. And Baldrick is miles more intelligent than those 2 combined, especially in the later seasons :)

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So are you saying ... we're tanking, without calling it that? Have to admit it's crossed my mind.
Haaaarrrrgh, nah. Don't need to try n tank when half your team's busted.
As Dimma keeps saying we play a system based game. Usually makes it real easy to simply plug n play someone when an injury occurs. Massive problem arises when you have to try n plug n play a whole bunch of kids that have barely or never played senior footy, due to the seniors having previously been so dominant. The system simply overloads n breaks down. We play the game with a bit of arrogance n niggle at the best of times, dominant sides usually do. Unfortunately when things turn to *smile*, everyone else decides it's time for a bit of pay back n we're getting somewhat frustrated n reactive.

When the sun shines you make hay, three flags in four years is a tremendous harvest.
When the *smile* hits the fan you collect fertiliser, plenty of much needed senior game time into the kids, plus a raft of early draft picks. Means we set the fields for another quality harvest.

Reactions: 2 users

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
We gave away some dumb frees in the last. you could sense umpires were willing to pay against us And we kept being undisciplined. Made it easy for them. Where‘s our leaders.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We gave away some dumb frees in the last. you could sense umpires were willing to pay against us And we kept being undisciplined. Made it easy for them. Where‘s our leaders.
What happened to swallowing the whistle late in tight games??

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Anyone who thinks the umpires had any influence on us losing today is a mug.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Richmond may have introduced the art of chaos to AFL football, but unfortunately the umpires have mastered it.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Anyone who thinks the umpires had any influence on us losing today is a mug.

im a mug.

the too high on Taylor Adams to hand them the momentum was a joke.

we are cooked and spent and tired and all that,

but to suggest the umps had NO influence on that outcome is a bit strange I reckon

frees were even at 3/4 time. ended up 16 to 24.

Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
When you dominate play, you get more frees. Pretty simple.

Richmond screwed Richmond today. No one else.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
im a mug.

but to suggest the umps had NO influence on that outcome is a bit strange I reckon

Yep. Totally our fault we lost with bad disposal but flogs played their part. Always shows clearly when questionable frees lead to goals.

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
im a mug.

Because we were 2nd to the ball in the last quarter. Chasing Collingwood tails when you're spent means mistakes when tackling or trying to get the ball back.

The umpires were ok most of the day. They missed a few frees to us in our foreward line but they also missed a few to them too.

When we were a great team these free kick misses did not impact on our way to find a way to win.

But we are not a great team this year, in fact I would suggest we are not even a good team.....

And no you're not a mug! You're a passionate Tiger supporter, which is a great thing.......