Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Who was the umpire who paid a holding the ball to us on the Northern side, blew his whistle, and with the ball bouncing around on the ground with ZERO advantage of any kind what so ever, then called play on ?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
About time a Class Action was demanded y punters who gamble on games.

Pity gambling agencies didn’t have a market for Frees For and Frees Against. We could clean up.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Who was the umpire who paid a holding the ball to us on the Northern side, blew his whistle, and with the ball bouncing around on the ground with ZERO advantage of any kind what so ever, then called play on ?
Frosty the Clown.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dimma hints it again at the presser: "We probably just didn't get the reward a couple of times when we did tackle...."

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Guys, it's all there in black and white: when a Richmond player tackles it's either too high, in the back, play on, play-on-it-came-out, or as a last resort, a ball-up.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I can’t work out which decision was worst. This one or the Riewoldt “dangerous tackle”. Both were disgraceful. Jack actually did very well to ensure it wasn’t a dangerous tackle. Yet he still got penalised. The umpiring was an absolute joke today; as it is every week. The club needs to say something.

The game is *smile*.

Reactions: 9 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dimma also 'whinged' about the Umpire's Call saga....."Could they have possibly taken any longer?"

Gotta be careful Dimma, these a-holes are sooks and want money.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

I went apoplectic when this happened. Honestly thought my head would explode.

• Angry

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I went to a local game today. The umpiring was umpired a lot less PC so a lot more enjoyable. The AFL game is stuffed.

Reactions: 4 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I can’t work out which decision was worst. This one or the Riewoldt “dangerous tackle”. Both were disgraceful. Jack actually did very well to ensure it wasn’t a dangerous tackle. Yet he still got penalised. The umpiring was an absolute joke today; as it is every week. The club needs to say something.

The game is *smile*.
The dissent call against Tom, taking out the legs against Balta or free to Lewis or Mitchell when his teammate clearly infringed Nank were bad calls!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I went apoplectic when this happened. Honestly thought my head would explode.
I know. Dunno if I’ve seen anything like it. It was almost as if he realised “*** I just gave them a free…I need to fix this….PLAY OOOON !”

Just outrageous.

• Haha

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Watching the Saints game - clear the dissent rules are different for any other team than Richmond

• Angry

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
When it comes to umpires in a Richmond game I think I've developed a learned helplessness.

• Angry

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I know. Dunno if I’ve seen anything like it. It was almost as if he realised “*** I just gave them a free…I need to fix this….PLAY OOOON !”

Just outrageous.
Like that call in the Eagles game: "Holding the ball - I mean, free kick West Coast, in the back."

• Haha