Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Serves Gligivan right.
What did he expect the AFL to sit back and look stupid.
Kids are now copying him, and it makes the game look bad.
For some reason out players were used as examples. Grimes and Bolton.
The Bolton one was high every day of the week. He didn't duck.
But Grimes did his own version of Gilligivan.
Best week of umpiring in a long time.
Pity 1 only watched our game and Collingwood Essendon .

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It’s been brought up before , however how does Joel Selwood get away with ducking for 15 years ,then a new kid comes along and gets the rules changed . Just another reason to lose faith in what the AFL are doing

Reactions: 11 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
The umpires make a heap of mistake every game. Ginnavan just another one, hard to have sympathy for him.

There should be more focus on the failure to award a blatant 50.
Ha JB, if only it wasn't a conscious decision to not pay that illegal tackle. All three umpires chose to let it go. How often has 2 of the other umpires blown a whistle from 100 Mt away to pluck a *smile* free out of their arse to ruin a moment? You cannot suggest they didn't see it!

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hasn't bothered them before!
They let Duckwood do it for more than 10 years and now by letting Shovekins get away with pushing people in the back they’re being made look stupid again. What have the Cats got on them?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
bump ... pretty weird from the Dumps today ... some horrendous officiating ..

• Haha

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Yes. Sitting from the couch (actually doing a Dimma and standing behind it) they were woeful (against both sides)

We got some lucky ones and so did they.

The thing that got me the most was their inability to bounce the ball at centre bounces.

I'm a traditionalist...but it's time.
The bounce must go.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
How was the goal review for Brisbane, wait for the decision only for the ump to then say it was a free for in the back to us. Now that's whacky.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
How was the goal review for Brisbane, wait for the decision only for the ump to then say it was a free for in the back to us. Now that's whacky.
what's more whacky is he said "I'm paying the free kick" before the review ! to the goal umpire !

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Yes. Sitting from the couch (actually doing a Dimma and standing behind it) they were woeful (against both sides)

We got some lucky ones and so did they.

The thing that got me the most was their inability to bounce the ball at centre bounces.

I'm a traditionalist...but it's time.
The bounce must go.
I agree with everything however how about they get umps who can actually bounce?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I do hate how commentators won’t question an iffy free we give away but if we get one it’s a Royal commission!

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Stevic bounces the ball to start the last quarter, we win it and get clear but Stevic recalls it - even though it is only about a metre to one side and doesn’t go outside the main circle.

Hmmm. Wouldn’t have been coz we won it ?

1659263932866.jpeg

And that throw down of Bolton by Berry after he kicked the goal would have been another shot on goal every day of the week if we had done that - and twice on Sundays.

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Simply appalling. Brisbane 4 goals from frees. Umps kept getting sucked in by their constant staging.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Stevic bounces the ball to start the last quarter, we win it and get clear but Stevic recalls it - even though it is only about a metre to one side doesn’t go outside the main circle.

Hmmm. Wouldn’t have been coz we won it ?

And that throw down of Bolton by Berry after he kicked the goal would have been another shot on goal every day of the week if we had done that - and twice on Sundays.
couple of skewed bounces in the first Q too. We clear it, recalled, they clear it, play on. The blonde *smile* whose name my brain refuses to remember reamed us, but came good in the last Q at a couple of critical moments.