Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I wasn't watching when Rayner went off but before you get too worked up check the situation the play stopped in.

Did one team own the ball or did the umpire own the ball?

The protocol is that the umpires don't stop play when a team owns the ball unless they absolutely have to or a stretcher is called.

If the ball goes neutral and there is an injured player in the vicinity who can quickly be removed then they pause.

The Prestia one didn't meet that criteria because we didn't call for the stretcher. If the ball went neutral in the Rayner one then that's the difference.
Ok thanks. Brayshaw was wrong then, wefare isn’t the AFL priority, given the ball was kicked over Prestia’s head twice. Might send him an email

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Dions just gone past his best performance in the Brownlow. Previously he had 13 in 2014.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Reckon its either Miller (possibly 1 vote) or Cripps. He got 35 in Round 23, so a good chance to poll votes. Neale won't poll

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Now that I have finally calmed down about try he FARC, I am focusing my anger on the non paying of a 50 metre penalty against Andrews.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Laser triangulation sensors.

Bloke who installs them rang up the radio a few weeks ago and said he can’t believe something as simple and effective (supposedly) hasn’t been installed.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
1663631556166.png

Its the future everyone. Oh and it could also solve the MCG's issue with seagulls. Pew, pew, pew

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
What we’ve all been calling for, more umpires!

4 field umpires in 2023 according to Mitch Cleary.

• Dislike

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Will be interesting to see how the new set-up works, if they move to a quadrant style arrangement it might help with some of the misunderstanding of perspectives by the great unwashed.

Of course the most likely outcome is we get the ubiquitous 'how can't four of them see it'. :sleep:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Will be interesting to see how the new set-up works, if they move to a quadrant style arrangement it might help with some of the misunderstanding of perspectives by the great unwashed.

Of course the most likely outcome is we get the ubiquitous 'how can't four of them see it'. :sleep:
or the one furthest away will call a free the other 3 dont.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
How about paying a few free kicks when Tommy & Jack are getting manhandled?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Why do you think this new set up has just been made?