Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Let's face it, unless the umpires blow their whistle and say 'free kick Richmond' all night this thread will decribe the umpiring as a disgrace.

It's a paroichial sport, that's the way it should be on a supporter forum. We can concede they got a few right if we happen to have an easy win.

12 Andrew Stephens
15 Matthew Nicholls
32 Jacob Mollison

#12 is a weedy critter without the confidence to control games. Veteran players have been taking the p!ss.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They were fantastic the tonight.
We got free kicks I’ve never seen us ever get, holding the man and in the back.
It was top shelf.
Tell the AFL to keep Chamberlain, Fisher, Margetts, Deboy and Stevic away

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They were fantastic the tonight.
We got free kicks I’ve never seen us ever get, holding the man and in the back.
It was top shelf.
Tell the AFL to keep Chamberlain, Fisher, Margetts, Deboy and Stevic away
Agree. Chokers still won but 19-16 is much fairer.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
How hard is it to have the umpires dress in colours that are NOT the same as the co,pelting teams. Red or blue would have been good, but again the6 are in yellow and black. It really isn’t that difficult.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
feels weird, but they were tops. Even got a dodgey ruck free in front of goal. AND Even got a happens-20-times-a-game-but-never-paid throw free. And against Collingwood!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I actually saw a Collingwood player concede a free kick for throwing, almost worth the price of admission.

They were ok tonight, didn't overly influence the game (except maybe the first few minutes) and I like it when umpires have little or no influence.

DS

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I reckon a good way to judge the umpiring is if you know what’s going to be paid , wether you like it or not when you hear the whistle, usually means we all saw the same thing, however when , like the ruck infringements your waiting on the call like a dodgy goal review , chances are it’s a bit of guess work

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
First few minutes of the game I thought the maggots were gunna slaughter us.
Need to watch the replay over the weekend, but once the game settled I had no reason to complain too much, always a pleasure to hear the Colonwood fans complaining three times as loudly and often as us. Still hate the stupid garbage where the player who wins the strength battle in a ruck contest then gets pinged coz the other bloke fell over. Also hate the plucking of the insignificant infringements when the players have been mauling crap out of one another for ten minutes with no calls made.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
For the most part they weren’t noticed. Which is the way it should be. And no stupid conversations - no telling the players to behave or warning them not to act in a certain way. Chamberlain should take notice.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We must’ve got 3 ‘in the backs’
We haven’t got 3 ‘ in the backs’ in one game since 1912

The Free kick of the night was the holding against Grundy. My blood pressure returned to normal,.
And I watched Soldo aka Robocop. Kick a goal against the best ruckman in the comp.
Outstanding by the umpires

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Amazing at the game I thought we must have doubled their frees for. It felt like we got everything we should have and perhaps more. Pies supporters were going berserk. Best umpired game of the year.

Last edited:

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Makes a huge difference when they umpire well. Last time they gave Pies a quality player worth of disposals in more frees. Virtually an extra player on the ground.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Just one that REALLY annoyed me, Daicos ducked his head, the umpire right in front didn't pay it, but another umpire paid the free.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Congrats to field umpire Eleni Glouftsis and boundary umpire Dillon Tee who got engaged at the G today. In the AFL house agenda'd, chase of money over fan enjoyment of footy along with the shouts of "ball" and the righteous and often correct complaints about the quality of the officiating it is good to remember that the umpires are people too and they do what they do because they love the game. They are people too, well except perhaps Ray "costochondritis" Chamberlain, and life deals to them the same cards from the same pack that it it deals to the rest of us. All the best to Elene and Dillon for the future.

Reactions: 2 users
B

Bill James

We must’ve got 3 ‘in the backs’
We haven’t got 3 ‘ in the backs’ in one game since 1912

The Free kick of the night was the holding against Grundy. My blood pressure returned to normal,.
And I watched Soldo aka Robocop. Kick a goal against the best ruckman in the comp.
Outstanding by the umpires
Sweet given he was holding Grundy on the blind side.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
This weeks top and bottom 3 of the differential free kick count (notice anything different about it?)

1: Guess who +90
2; Western Bulldogs +66
3: Adelaide + 53

16: St Kilda-40
17: Carlton-41
18: GWS - 50

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Reckon there has been a general easing of scrutiny on Richmond offences in the past fortnight. We're still losing the counts but it doesn't feel as though we're being robbed. Please let it continue.

Reactions: 1 users