Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Reckon there has been a general easing of scrutiny on Richmond offences in the past fortnight. We're still losing the counts but it doesn't feel as though we're being robbed. Please let it continue.

Yeah, strange as it may seem I get the impression we aren't getting f****ed over as much at the moment.

Still hating the inconsistencies but if they balance out I am far less worried.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive been watching the U15 national champs this week,

And the umpiring, which is by elite 15 year olds and an adult mentor,

Has been largely flawless.

Consistently protected the player over the ball and paid holding and throwing the ball like the old days. Paid holding the man at stoppages and for the player first to the ball.

They are working from the same convoluted modern rule book as the big league

Which demonstrates its them, not us

And i think remaining good friends is out of the question

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Reckon there has been a general easing of scrutiny on Richmond offences in the past fortnight. We're still losing the counts but it doesn't feel as though we're being robbed. Please let it continue.
Again, similar to 2017. Although I think the screwing over stopped a bit later in the season.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
We’ve seen an easing of the farce. Long may it continue.

I’m still convinced the umps genuinely dislike Jack and knowingly let defenders hold him. There was one tonight where he look clearly held right in front of the ump and it was play on as usual.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We’ve seen an easing of the farce. Long may it continue.

I’m still convinced the umps genuinely dislike Jack and knowingly let defenders hold him. There was one tonight where he look clearly held right in front of the ump and it was play on as usual.

Especially when you watch the ones Brown gets, Riewoldt gets nothing.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep we had a good run from them tonight apart from a couple of bad ones that gifted them goals, but a good run from them nonetheless.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Free kick differential ladder:

1: guess who +95
2: Bulldogs + 64
3: Crows +60

16: Swans -37
17: St Kilda - 48
18: GWS - 53

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Bluebaggers got some more than questionable ones no doubt.

The 100m against Shai was crap, especially when the initial high contact free wasn't there in the first place.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Jack R manhandled off the ball a lot and got nothing

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Jack R manhandled off the ball a lot and got nothing
Yeah that was laughable
Lynch was held all game and got f all

Dimma should send video evidence to the umpires department for clarification. Not to whinge, but at least it may be discussed among the umpiring fraternity and put them on notice. Just highlight the inequities in free kicks that JR and TL experience with the amount of grappling and wrestling defenders apply. Especially appropriate prior to finals.