Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Umps have been ok in the past few games but were back to their cheating best today

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I’m lost for words.
Some of the worst decisions I’ve ever witnessed headlined by the two against Jack, the one against Caddy for tackling Rioli and not paying that mark to Soldo bordering on cheating. When Soldi was rewarded for an in danger free, the nearest umpire who was 2 metres away called play on and had to be over ruled by the 2nd field umpire 20 metres away. A sad day for football when the game is so poorly adjudicated

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Kelli Underwood was trying to get Jack to incriminate himself with mischievous questions about the Toby Greene rule. Only *smile* umpires pay that in those situations.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Let's face it, the farce will never end.

But these Tigers refuse to let it get em down. Against the odds and against the maggots we refuse to yield, pick ourselves up and fight to the bitter end.

And when you do that justice will prevail.

Well done Tigers, today was all sorts of epic!!

Reactions: 5 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I’m lost for words.
Some of the worst decisions I’ve ever witnessed headlined by the two against Jack, the one against Caddy for tackling Rioli and not paying that mark to Soldo bordering on cheating. When Soldi was rewarded for an in danger free, the nearest umpire who was 2 metres away called play on and had to be over ruled by the 2nd field umpire 20 metres away. A sad day for football when the game is so poorly adjudicated

Yep there was some rubbish umpiring out there today. But you know what? It makes the win all the sweeter.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The jack foot in the back
the soldo non mark
Some others.
but the biggest was the caddy tackle on rioli. lol

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jacob Mollison has always hated us

He actually had calls made for him from the umpire further away from the action.
The frees against Jack were disgraceful.
The holding constantly of soldo by hickery did my head in.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Let's face it, the farce will never end.

But these Tigers refuse to let it get em down. Against the odds and against the maggots we refuse to yield, pick ourselves up and fight to the bitter end.

And when you do that justice will prevail.

Well done Tigers, today was all sorts of epic!!

Yep. In the bad old days we'd be left to rue what might've been. But we beat the bloody lot!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The holding constantly of soldo by hickery did my head in.

I swear Hickey stabbed people in Sydney during the week.

FTSwansLoss%20landscape.JPG

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Soldo's mark was such a bad miss I thought I must have missed something, touched off the boot maybe, the commentators moved on quickly. Shocker. The two attempts to get them back in the game at the death were shockers too.

another was the Caddy OOTF, the ball was already over the line and he seemed to kick it back into play. That was a head scratcher.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Soldo's mark was such a bad miss I thought I must have missed something, touched off the boot maybe, the commentators moved on quickly. Shocker. The two attempts to get them back in the game at the death were shockers too.

another was the Caddy OOTF, the ball was already over the line and he seemed to kick it back into play. That was a head scratcher.
I think the Caddy one was kicking in danger. Soldo got a similar one later.

Reactions: 1 users