Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Why do we just get bent over week after week. Benny Gale grow a spine and criticize the maggots. Cop the fine FFS. Cos this will cost us a final

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What did tom lynch do to the umps?

Or do they just have to persecute a tiger KPF?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
What did tom lynch do to the umps?

Or do they just have to persecute a tiger KPF?
No wonder Harris Andrews is seen as one of the best defenders in the game....

Rance has never had service like that from the umps!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Nice to read such a balanced, thoughtful post about umpiring,

I'll read The Guardian if I want balanced.

green maggots did everything they could, without the ACCC becoming involved, to keep in Brisbane in the game today.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Lost the frees again.

The Lynch block
The dusty fend off
Play on after a 50 wtf

AND

Why don’t we get prior opportunity when the number of times the lions took on the tackler and ball up

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I’ve seen enough.

A shoulder charge is illegal in the NRL.

On at least two occasions we were pinged for holding the ball, when the prior opportunity issue was ignored, but more importantly, there was a flagrant front on launch at the tigers opponent.

Was such a tackle likely or possible to cause injury? Think about it MRO?

Is that tackling part of AFL? Jumping into an opponent!

Jeez, even the doofus in the NRL ban it!

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
One of those games where you just wait with baited breath for another shocking decision.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I’m still trying to recall if my eyes deceived me or not...

On the mcc members wing, after we kicked out from the backline the ball hit the ground and bounced high. High enough that it was almost like a marking contest. But it wasn’t. It had hit the ground and was ‘in play’. Brissy player double fists it over the boundary. No ‘deliberate’ called.

Did that actually happen, or did I see it wrong?

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

On the mcc members wing, after we kicked out from the backline the ball hit the ground and bounced high. High enough that it was almost like a marking contest. But it wasn’t. It had hit the ground and was ‘in play’. Brissy player double fists it over the boundary. No ‘deliberate’ called.

Nup, you saw it 100% right.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

It did happen and you’ll find the ump said it was ok because it was a marking contest....

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It did happen and you’ll find the ump said it was ok because it was a marking contest....

o_Oo_O is that seriously what he said? I'm just watching back the replay now. There was some seriously strange decisions in that 2nd quarter and they all seemed to go against us.

• Angry