Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I’m still trying to recall if my eyes deceived me or not...

On the mcc members wing, after we kicked out from the backline the ball hit the ground and bounced high. High enough that it was almost like a marking contest. But it wasn’t. It had hit the ground and was ‘in play’. Brissy player double fists it over the boundary. No ‘deliberate’ called.

Did that actually happen, or did I see it wrong?

Listened to 693 on the way home. While they generally pumped up Brisbane's tyres, they mentioned that one and contrasted it with the deliberates they did pay. Fair to say they weren't impressed with the umpiring generally.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
There was a 5 minute period where the maggots just went ridiculous, multiple very questionable frees to Brissie - drives me crazy when they decide to influence the game like that. Want to influence the game? Then play football, umpires should not be influencers.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I’m still trying to recall if my eyes deceived me or not...

On the mcc members wing, after we kicked out from the backline the ball hit the ground and bounced high. High enough that it was almost like a marking contest. But it wasn’t. It had hit the ground and was ‘in play’. Brissy player double fists it over the boundary. No ‘deliberate’ called.

Did that actually happen, or did I see it wrong?
Not quite like that. The ball came off a pack and rebounded high up in the air where a Brisbane player double fisted it straight over the boundary line. So it didn’t hit the ground and that’s why the umpire claimed it was still in the marking contest. Which is complete *smile* as it came off about six pairs of hands in the first instance so no way it could have been paid a mark to anyone after that.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
How about the block on Lynch by Zorko not paid in the first quarter? As bad as the one not paid to Ziebell against Geelong. Then a few minutes later Lynch hardly touches a Lions player in a marking contest and is called for a block. Not too mention just before half time where Harris runs into Lynch and goes down quicker than a $2 hooker; block called against.

Lynch had a shocker today but he wasn’t helped by the green cheats.

There was some dead set cheating going on out there today. :mad:

Reactions: 4 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Apparently Charlie Cameron approached the umpires' bench during the game to complain about Grimes' tactics.
Heard that on the radio while I was working. Commentators were surprised on the radio and stated he had to be dragged away by officials in Lions outfits.
I hope he cops a fine for that imo.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Aint seen nothing yet.

Wait till they turn it up to 11 /10 next time we play them up there in QF2

Gonna be a reaming handed out to the Tiggies.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Heard that on the radio while I was working. Commentators were surprised on the radio and stated he had to be dragged away by officials in Lions outfits.
I hope he cops a fine for that imo.

Fagan was non-committal at the presser but the HS says Brisbane will take Cameron's case to the umpiring department.

Fagan said Cameron and Grimes finished "about even" but the 693 team disagreed, saying Grimes won the battle decisively.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
every Single week we get reamed by the worms. Every week.
No wonder our % is only 115 after 8 straight wins.
They’re playing a huge roll when it comes to the result of the game.
These are the ones that got me angry yesterday,
*The block on Lynch. 3 of them missed it.
*the deliberate out of bounds
*holding of Balta from Martin
*the fend off by Martin wasn’t high
*holding jacks arm by Andrews 3rd qtr
*the head high on Rioli

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
every Single week we get reamed by the worms. Every week.
No wonder our % is only 115 after 8 straight wins.
They’re playing a huge roll when it comes to the result of the game.
These are the ones that got me angry yesterday,
*The block on Lynch. 3 of them missed it.
*the deliberate out of bounds
*holding of Balta from Martin
*the fend off by Martin wasn’t high
*holding jacks arm by Andrews 3rd qtr
*the head high on Rioli
Prestia HTB just before half-time.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Fagan was non-committal at the presser but the HS says Brisbane will take Cameron's case to the umpiring department.

Fagan said Cameron and Grimes finished "about even" but the 693 team disagreed, saying Grimes won the battle decisively.
From what I see, Grimes got into the head of Cameron. :) Good.
No difference to what Bri$vega$ were doing too to other players. Dont get his beef. Part of the footy.
Many clubs do it. push how far they can impede without giving away or be seen to cop a free kick.

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
Umpiring in the games I saw over the weekend was poor. Putting aside the tigers / lions game, the standard and lack of feel for the game is a joke.
Last week it was studs up costing us, which was subsequently changed....and this week it was Andrews bumping into Lynch when neither of them were trying to engage each other.

The holding the ball rule is ridiculous...its a roll of the dice as to which way it goes. You can get spun around three times whilst in possession and get away with it..

How can they get it so wrong ? It will decide games...

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Hopefully, as in previous years the umpiring gets better for finals as they let more go to keep the game flowing and the maggots all want to progress to the next round themselves..... Worst of the worst umps get dropped. Fingers crossed..

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Saw a photo in the Hun of Salty hugging McInerny after the Moggies Carlscum game. Has he retired immediately after the home n away season or is he still in line for finals?? Reckon there's plenty worse maggots than McInerny.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
We seem to be the only team that doesn't get looked after at home by the umpires.

Crucified all over the country.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
From what I see, Grimes got into the head of Cameron. :) Good.
No difference to what Bri$vega$ were doing too to other players. Dont get his beef. Part of the footy.
Many clubs do it. push how far they can impede without giving away or be seen to cop a free kick.

Crowley often curbed Deledio and I'd have screamed blue murder if I'd seen anything untoward. Never did. Grimes is similar.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Really - would be surprised if they did that.

They won the free count and I can only recall one softish free to us that resulted in a goal (first qtr to Jack) but it was there just.

I may have missed others but I thought we were the team hard done by through my rose coloured glasses.