Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Guess thats the game plan to try and counter us.
Get the umpre to give them more free kicks.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not sure why people are staying we were favoured in the GF.
The margin just hid the pricks shittful decisions.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Carlton had more fee kicks than tackles...

And they celebrated their free kicks more than their tackles too.

The happiest I ever saw Carlton players as a team last night was after they won a free kick.

Pure joy and celebrations all around.

“Yes!”, they cried.

“We did it!”.

If they stopped short of giving each other high 5s, it was only because Silvagni used up all the hand sanitizer before the game thinking it was hair product.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
That's the glaring stat. That a team that laid a quarter of the tackles of their opponent, ends up with 25% more free kicks.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The free kicks to Cox for being entirely uncoordinated are a complete farce.

and without a crowd drowning out the players pleas, you get interesting insights.

Keith goes 'he just bumbled under the ball'

which is precisely what happened.

free to Cox (Acute lack of coordination). Goal.

then I turned the TV off.

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Clear that every time we tackle Collingwood players next week that they wil get a free.

The in the back calls are a real joke.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
The free kicks to Cox for being entirely uncoordinated are a complete farce.

and without a crowd drowning out the players pleas, you get interesting insights.

Keith goes 'he just bumbled under the ball'

which is precisely what happened.

free to Cox (Acute lack of coordination). Goal.

then I turned the TV off.
He’s a disgrace.

I love how he shamelessly immediately crumples like a daddy long legs spider does from the tiniest spritz of fly spray, after feeling the slightest touch on his back from an opposition player that’s a foot shorter than him that’s most likely 20kg lighter.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Chokers win (to the sound of Rocky's "aaaaaagain") 19-12 in frees. Can't remember the last game they lost in free kicks.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Some of the infringements in front of goal are so minor I wonder if the AFL is trying a new method to increase scoring seeing as everything else has failed. Let the umpires apply the strictest sense of a rule, especially for forwards. Would hate to be a defender these days

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
or is it coronavirus related? Any defender touching a forward (now termed GD and GA ) is a free kick. All defenders must keep their distance

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Small article in the HUN today by Sam Landsber highlighting the amount of free kicks causing goals.

Good on him for highlighting Carlton kicked 8 of their 12 goals from kicks.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Wayyyyyyyy to *smile* soft were the frees imho, thought we got a good run early and they got a great run in the second half

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Wayyyyyyyy to ****** soft were the frees imho, thought we got a good run early and they got a great run in the second half
As usual as we play the first game of the season we are the recipient of over adjudicated “rule of the week”. This time it’s the over zealous protection of forwards. This zealousness will ease off over the next few games and soft frees like the ones paid on Thursday night will go unpunished by tonight or tomorrow. It was the same in previous seasons eg the 5m rule protection zone rule.

Reactions: 1 user

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Some of the infringements in front of goal are so minor I wonder if the AFL is trying a new method to increase scoring seeing as everything else has failed. Let the umpires apply the strictest sense of a rule, especially for forwards. Would hate to be a defender these days
More goals means more ads

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Be ok if they applied the same interpretations at BOTH ends of the ground!

• Wow

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Carlton 8 goals from free kicks o_O

Granted a few were from uncharacteristic undisciplined Richmond play.
Well that's one way for the AFL to improve the scoring. Fist full of soft *smile* free kicks to non Richmond forwards deep inside their fifty guarantees a goal fest every week.