Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The free kicks to Cox for being entirely uncoordinated are a complete farce.

It's ridiculous isn't it? One free he felt the slightest touch and fell over himself. Free. He's the weakest mature-aged big man I've ever seen.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The free kicks to Cox for being entirely uncoordinated are a complete farce.

and without a crowd drowning out the players pleas, you get interesting insights.

Keith goes 'he just bumbled under the ball'

which is precisely what happened.

free to Cox (Acute lack of coordination). Goal.

then I turned the TV off.

The commentators don't help either. Claiming Cox did really well (as he got separation etc), well yes, but he completely misread the flight of the ball and got given a "pies" free kick as he puts those whirly arms into gear (much like sideshow bob at north) and gets paid a free kick for being *smile*.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The commentators don't help either. Claiming Cox did really well (as he got separation etc), well yes, but he completely misread the flight of the ball and got given a "pies" free kick as he puts those whirly arms into gear (much like sideshow bob at north) and gets paid a free kick for being ****.

yep pathetic. everyone with eyes saw what happened.

Keith was rightly livid.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I vowed not to post in this thread this year but isolation has got the better of me already.

I watched our game but haven't analysed closely and can't remember all the frees paid for them in the forward 50.

Were they actually incorrect decisions?

I thought first two against Astbury were very harsh, they were holding frees but same rules didn't seem to apply to the Tiger forwards. The others (there were 6 not 8) were fair enough. We were undisciplined.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I thought first two against Astbury were very harsh, they were holding frees but same rules didn't seem to apply to the Tiger forwards. The others (there were 6 not 8) were fair enough. We were undisciplined.

The one against Edwards in the 2nd half was a disgrace. For me it was more that most of them were paid at one end but not the other end.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The one against Edwards in the 2nd half was a disgrace. For me it was more that most of them were paid at one end but not the other end.

i thought that was fair enough. Edwards had a full hold of opponent's jumper as he was going to the ground. A clear tug of the jumper is almost always paid by the umps. I't was a bit undisciplined, there really was no need to do it.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
i thought that was fair enough. Edwards had a full hold of opponent's jumper as he was going to the ground. A clear tug of the jumper is almost always paid by the umps. I't was a bit undisciplined, there really was no need to do it.

You didn't see the high contact before that?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
That’s the point. Most, not all, of the Blues frees were probably fair calls. But the Richmond forwards did not get the same calls for similar infringements. The inconsistency was *smile*.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think it was before Edwards got him, barged through someone just earlier. Looked like he took him high.

Possibly but that's the only footage I can see on Kayo replay. Casboult tried to tackle Caddy and Edwards came across Casboult's path with that clash and Edwards held onto his jumper on the way down.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Umps clearly paying more frees to forwards. At least any forward not in a tigers jumper. It has to be a directive from above, clearly aimed at increasing scoring.

I just hope we get consistency.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Umps clearly paying more frees to forwards. At least any forward not in a tigers jumper. It has to be a directive from above, clearly aimed at increasing scoring.

Its pretty clear, though we didn't get any and still have outscored everyone so far.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I vowed not to post in this thread this year but isolation has got the better of me already.

I watched our game but haven't analysed closely and can't remember all the frees paid for them in the forward 50.

Were they actually incorrect decisions?

Technically (I watched the game live and have not watched a replay), I would say the frees against Astbury were a bit soft but they were there and Astbury seemed to be having a bit of an off night.

What pisses me off is that the same thing happens and no free is paid. It is all about consistency. I see no consistency.

Stats can be misleading but the very fact that we got no goals from frees and they got 6 I think is where stats cease to be misleading. Can the umpires seriously tell me that there were no soft frees they could have given to our forwards inside 50 all night? Yeah right. Not sure what has happened today but as of 2 games into the season the other 3 teams had multiple frees inside 50 and we had none.

I'll also repeat what I said earlier, the 50 to Lambert was ridiculous, he played on. They gave a similar one to a Carlton player later but both were bollocks, technically there but still ridiculous. If they want to be that technical then do it all the time not just when they feel like it.

DS

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

I remember off my head 5 frees to Carlton in their forward line for holding. I struggle to remember one Tiger free for holding in the forward line. That'd be because the Herald Sun says Blues received 6 frees int heir forward 50 and the Tigers zero. It seems illogical to me that only Tiger players could be holding onto their players. Umps need to be very careful as well. Many holding the mans are instigated by the forward forcing the backman to also hold on.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Umpires cannot tell the difference of yellow or anything going across the chest.
We need to redesign our jumper.
So it has black and white vertical lines and a touch of yellow on the collar.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We are getting screwed with X Richmond Players getting hard done by.
Today Bulter copped a kick to lower leg which caused him to trip over.
For 3 clowns not to see it.
And when Dan told Chamberlain 'he kicked me'
Chamberlain ignored him and bounced the ball.
I would want to see behind the goals footage to see Excatly where the 3 flogs were standing.
Its unbelievable to think none saw Pittards leg swing out.
If it was Dangerfield the 3 of them would've blown there whistle.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
We are getting screwed with X Richmond Players getting hard done by.
Today Bulter copped a kick to lower leg which caused him to trip over.
For 3 clowns not to see it.
And when Dan told Chamberlain 'he kicked me'
Chamberlain ignored him and bounced the ball.
I would want to see behind the goals footage to see Excatly where the 3 flogs were standing.
Its unbelievable to think none saw Pittards leg swing out.
If it was Dangerfield the 3 of them would've blown there whistle.
If it were on Dangerflog, there would have been a report for a deliberate trip or unduly rough conduct. Bloody pitiful effort by the maggots missing the shank being thrown out to trip Geezer.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's no excuse for our feeble effort but where Hawthorn got their free kicks in front of goal really hurt us last night. The Wingard decsion the worst of them but they were sure red hot on any holding by our backs.

Counter that that most of our frees were in the back half of the ground.
There's been a lot of blocking going on off the ball against our forwards the past couple of games , to prevent their run at the ball that just hasn't been picked up by the umps. Our key talls have to be nearly murdered to win a free.
Again not an excuse for our poor performance but frustrating none the less.:mad:

Reactions: 1 users