Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Pathetic. Just absolutely pathetic. Expect nothing less from that virgin O'Gorman.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Pretty sure we were up 8 frees to 7 at one stage and it ended 11 to 18. And that excludes the 5 or so 50s they got. Farcical. This was a perfect example of their 50-50 frees being paid to them and our 50-50s not. We get screwed all the time.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I say it most weeks. We,re the only side that even when we win get screwed by umpires.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
No 10 brutalised us all night long.

I reckon hes anastasia peluczukcheques brother

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
-HTB
-Incorrect disposal
-Deliberate OOB
-Protected area
-Interference( whatever you want to call it ) after a mark

We were playing against 25 players.

Been like this all year .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Umpire No. 10 was Brisbane's best player! He was blatantly inconsistent.

Never liked him no matter who is playing
Strikes me as having been a nerdy kid who played chess at school and never went near a footy field until he joined the umps
Has no feeling for the game - just learnt the rules off by heart from the book

• Angry

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
really poor. Hair trigger on the deliberates and the 50s for them, us, NUTHIN. HTBs a raffle, we got bugger all there too.

• Angry

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez they were awful tonight.

There was a 50 paid against Lynch I think for who knows what - being present on the mark I suppose, barely a minute later Jack gets rolled over after marking the ball, no 50. They did pay one to Lynch which was real soft too but when they are that soft they become very inconsistent.

Didn't think it was possible but the holding the ball decisions were even worse than usual. Prior opportunity means more than a nanosecond before being tackled.

In the last quarter it really did look like the umpires were trying to get Brisbane back into the game.

But one of the worst was when the ball was kicked into our forward line, Lynch took possession and goaled, but, if you look at the play when the ball is coming in Higgins is being held, around the neck, before the ball gets there. Um, holding the man, high tackle anyone?

Disgraceful.

DS

• Angry

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
There was some trash decisions that went our way also that resulted in goals.

Dusty push in back on the 50
Jack jumping all over his opponent and wrapping both hands around - amazing miss by the umps
Lynch soft free when he missed the sitter

O’Gorman shafted us as expected but the others were just bad all around

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The umpiring is so bad that you hope they bugger it up evenly for both sides

• Haha