Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Richo yeah.
Cost me one night to run home in the wind & rain from Springvale to Burwood .
Made it to Glen Waverley before my feet & elements stopped in Glen Waverley.
Out of pity my friend came and got me from Glen Waverley drove me laughing at me all the way.
Nutcase I was over how the great man played with my emotions.
The perfect flawed human being ;)

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
O'Gorman is a *smile*. Keep him away from our games in future.

we can rest assured he won't umpire finals. who he pays kicks for and against aside, he's a dreadful adjudicator

Feb 25, 2007
Robert O'Gorman (10) has awarded our opponents 48 frees and only given us 5 in the last 4 games he's umpired us in.

OGORMAN.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Robert O'Gorman (10) has awarded our opponents 48 frees and only given us 5 in the last 4 games he's umpired us in.

View attachment 10168
Great stat but never to be seen again - no press person wud dare run with this kind of thing - needs to be put out in twitter verse somewhere with people with lots of followers

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
God help us if we get both OGorman and Razor in the same game - cant imagine the free kick count difference

• Haha

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
God help us if we get both OGorman and Razor in the same game - cant imagine the free kick count difference

They'd stroll to the ground and leave a note in the Tigers rooms with some lube. The note reads "You'll need this later"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
It was as bad as its been for a while last night. But we still doubled the score.
I think we will be OK.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
With 50 metre pens, don't give them the excuse. Don't go over the mark, don't run through the area, don't do stupid things. Whether the other side gets away with it or not, doesn't matter.

As always I don't care if free kicks favour the oppo, umpires might make blues but that's the way we play. We win many more games than we lose so if we lose the free kick count I don't give a shyte.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I doubt the Pies will continue this appalling conversion rate in the second half.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Right in the Swans back, no free. Dodgy 50m penalty against Swans. Against Tigers player was told 3 times to get back on mark, no free.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Right in the Swans back, no free. Dodgy 50m penalty against Swans. Against Tigers player was told 3 times to get back on mark, no free.
Pies absolutely gifted 2 goals. Why don't the commentators challenge what the 50 was for as it clearly wasn't 50 under any rule.