Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It’s the ones they miss as well. We pinned them multiple times for holding the ball but got nothing and then they got the goal from Gray

Reactions: 3 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Deliberate out of bounds against us, Broad, being tackled and handballs to a team mate. Free Port.
Rushed behind, minute to go not being tackled, clean and clear possession. Funking crickets.......
He hand balled it past 3 tigersand 2 power players. *smile*!
I feel we were cheated, actually cheated by umpire 11.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It needs someone in the media to point out repeatedly and loudly that some teams are favoured by the umpires and others aren’t. If they don’t have the spotlight in them and feel pressured they don’t do anything.

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
What about the deliberate handball across the behind line.
fair dinkum the umpires are *smile* useless.

• Angry

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Umpired by Curly, Larry and Moe...again.
Farcical, but let’s have another rule change even though umpires still can’t get the basics right.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Gets worse every week. This is no coincidence it’s the campaigners at headquarters for sure. No.11 is a massive campaigner - continually *smile* us over

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
What about the deliberate handball across the behind line.
fair dinkum the umpires are *smile* useless.
If we did it You could put your house on it we’d get free paid against us in front of goal

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have finally given up on trying to work out why a free is given for a particular foul for one team and an identical foul against another team in the same match is waved play on. The umps seem to have unusual interpretations based on bias

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Still seething.

I generally feel sympathy for the umpires - the AFL changes rules so often, relying on 'interpretations' it's a very hard game to adjudicate.

But not tonight. The exact same scenario is a free to Port, and play on for us. Blatant obvious frees ignored.

The club needs to make a stand. Curtis DeBoy influenced the result of that game.

Reactions: 4 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Never been so pissed off at an umpiring display and i’ve been watching for a few decades now. And the fact that the commentators often call the ones the opposition don’t get but are silent on ours *smile* me to death.

and how the *smile* was that goal in the allowed when clear push in the back to Broad and then clearly over the boundary by Grey.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Was glad to see Mollison/Fleer/Foot out of the way tonight. But we ended up with the matchwinner Curtis Deboy, in front of his home crowd.
The Deboy prophecy. Surely he’s taking the *smile*?
And it was this cretin that didn’t have the balls to pay the deliberate at the end. But he did pay the deliberate against Balta on the wing. He obviously moved himself to the port backline for the last 4 minutes.

Last edited: