Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The Deboy prophecy. Surely he’s taking the *smile*?
And it was this cretin that didn’t have the balls to pay the deliberate at the end. But he did pay the deliberate against Broad on the wing. He obviously moved himself to the port backline for the last 4 minutes.
Yep. Hometown decisions are 100% there. Even Vic teams get them against non-Vics.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
.from start to finish a relentless crusade against our club
.the numbers don't do justice
.the worst i've seen

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Fairly consistent, equal umpiring performance all night across the two categories of ‘brutal‘ and ‘farcical‘. Nearly every single brutal call was followed up almost immediately with a farcical one, so the balance between the two categories was absolutely first class all night.

You have to win to publicly question umpires though, otherwise it’ll always, always, always look like sour grapes to the opposition no matter how justified you may be.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Take a chill pill people if you think we got reamed on satedey, just wait to see the port game
Its the only way they could beat us
11 goals for the game, 5 directly from the whistle from the turrdmuchers.
Blatant cheating.
Sydney got 7 goals with the assistance of a free kick.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
How wasn't Grays deliberate is mind puzzling he had one intention umpires no balls to call it.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Even gray knew it was deliberate, if he was under so much pressure he would have hanballed straight through, you can see he handballs at an angle so it goes through the behinds and not the goals so if it is paid its a harder shot

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why is AFL the only sport these pricks can't be spoken about?
Im over this 'It harms others coming through the junior ranks'
Some of them earn 100k+, What occupation in the world aren't allowed to provide feed back?
I Thought Bannister was our worse umpire but today there is at least 5 that just absolutly bend us over.
The worse ones are Deboy, OGorman, Fleer, Gianfagna and Mollison.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Frees in the 2 matches this round: Swans 29! - Bummers 16. Port 22 - Tiges 12.

whatever, but it's ridiculous

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I kept writing and thinking and texted last night

'this is a severe umpire shafting, even by Adelaide Oval standards'

but in the light of day, it was pretty standard stuff.

you've got to be 4-5 goals better to win there.

what puzzles me,

is why dont we get a 2:1 differential our way and get gifted 5 goals

when theres 70,000 of us screaming at The G.

we are more attractive as a species, but we are every bit as mental as Port Adelaidians

Reactions: 7 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Bells are ringing, there is dancing in the streets as the Tigers get defeated 2 weeks in a row.
Can't wait to read it all, but no mention of the bending over by the umpires.
Robinson and Barratt will make sure we are gone for this year, have no depth, poor disposals, or whatever they can come up with.
Should be writing how is it that a team can only get 12 frees to 22 in a game.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I've come to the conclusion that umpires often don't pay what they see. Instead, they pay what they are looking for.

Last night, umpires were not looking for Port players dropping a hot potato in the tackle so they don't pay them. They weren't looking for Port player's falling into the back of their opponent so they don't blow for that. They weren't looking for a throw out of a tackle so they don't reward the tackler.

Tiger's over the past 4 years have developed a reputation as a side that infringes more than others. So that's what umpires are looking for. That's why we get shafted.

Most of the frees we give up are there.

It's the frees we don't get because the umpires are not looking for them that causes the discrepancy.

Reactions: 10 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
JJT it's certainly a puzzle. The 50 against Grimes is just bad umpiring though. He was already in the "protected area" when the mark was paid and ran straight out as he continued back towards goal, away from the player and out of the area without affecting the play at all. That's just *smile* umpiring.

Reactions: 5 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Where’s the uproar on media socials about the goal Port was gifted after push in the back and Grey out of bounce??

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm still seething about last nights umpiring.
Sure there will always be a few dodgy calls and there has always been hometown decisions. Some of those frees against us weren't howlers, there was a genuine bias against us.
I always remembered the good players and good sides getting the rub of the green with the umpires, that is not the case with us, and hasn't been for a few years.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
One of the newbies I think Nigel got tackled and face planted into the turf.
Ball up.
Doesn't that qualify as a dangerous tackle?

The governing body The AFL Aka:
The Gestapo
Corruption Central
Gilquarters

Is destroying the game. Making it up as they go along.
Rules on the fly.
Rules 5 minutes before the season start.
Ridiculous rules. Like the sub getting credited a game despite 0 touches.
And the interpretation of the rules.
Love how they jump in next morning to say Yeah we got that one wrong, too bad you lost.
And everyone lauds The Fuhrer for what a great job he is doing.
At this point I will end my rant and go for a lie down.
Go Tiges!