Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hardwick made a couple of comments in his presser. He was critical of the umpiring without actually saying anything that will get him in trouble. Hopefully it will turn the blowtorch on them. Weirdly enough there are oppo supporters who still claim we get looked after by the umpires.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Weirdly enough there are oppo supporters who still claim we get looked after by the umpires.
-10. +3. -10. -10. in the first four rounds, won't bother to comment regarding the constant 50's. Guess them oppo supporters are right sometimes, *smile*.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Taz tells me one of the umps was 10-0 last night, I think we know which team got the 10
That’d be either Hosking or De Booy I imagine.

How on earth didn’t Riewoldt get a free for that Port player jumping into the back of his head in the first couple of minutes ? **** incredible. Set the tone for the usual reaming.

Even Brian Taylor couldn’t believe it wasn’t given a free. You can’t not pay a free like that unless you go out with a pre meditated mindset. You simply can’t.

Reactions: 2 users

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Umpire 11 Curtis Deboy. Port Power 10 frees.
Richmond 0.

He was bloody hopeless.

Name and shame please in a respectful way

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
That’d be either Hosking or De Booy I imagine.

How on earth didn’t Riewoldt get a free for that Port player jumping into the back of his head in the first couple of minutes ? **** incredible. Set the tone for the usual reaming.

Even Brian Taylor couldn’t believe it wasn’t given a free. You can’t not pay a free like that unless you go out with a pre meditated mindset. You simply can’t.
Yep it’s ok to lose the free kick counts , every week, however that doesn’t count the free kicks we don’t get that the opposition get, especially in our forward 50

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Richmond 0.

He was bloody hopeless.

And surprise, surprise, he’s from South Australia. Can either side protest the selection of an umpire for a game? I think we’ve got evidence that he can’t officiate games featuring an SA team impartially.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
The media hardly comment on the poor umpiring. I think it is getting worse over time.

Reactions: 4 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
I've come to the conclusion that umpires often don't pay what they see. Instead, they pay what they are looking for.

Last night, umpires were not looking for Port players dropping a hot potato in the tackle so they don't pay them. They weren't looking for Port player's falling into the back of their opponent so they don't blow for that. They weren't looking for a throw out of a tackle so they don't reward the tackler.

Tiger's over the past 4 years have developed a reputation as a side that infringes more than others. So that's what umpires are looking for. That's why we get shafted.

Most of the frees we give up are there.

It's the frees we don't get because the umpires are not looking for them that causes the discrepancy.
I half agree with you. But I said here as soon as they got that soft head high free a minute into the game, we were going to be reamed by the umps. The free kicks against Bachar and Dusty for HTB, the 50m against Dylan etc etc should not have been paid. They were trigger happy in Port’s favour all night. We never ever get that favouritism our way.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
What makes it worse that about 4 of our 12 frees were out on the full. They HAD to pay those. That leaves 8 frees in play.

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
The club or dimma has to speak up about the obvious bias against us. A spotlight needs to be shone on the numerous incidents of double standards.

Unlike others here, I have no issue looking at free kick differential as it doesnt prove bias. An umpire can only pay based on what transpires and simply losing the free kick count doesnt mean we were treated unfairly.

What proves the bias is calling out specific instances of non calls or incorrect decisions, and clear cases of one rule for the opposition and one rule for us. Arguing our free kick differential over the past few years is not evidence of bias.

The media clearly wont call it out as they are spineless and will protect the afl, so the club needs to make a stand. The resultant fine or sanction will be worth it and will benefit us in the long run, as it's just blatant cheating. We need to call a spade a spade!

Glad jack was vocal last night with the umps. The rest of em like grimes, houli and other leaders need to grow a pair, stand up and call out bs decisions. It wont change the decision, but will at least put the spotlight on the maggot to think twice next time.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not surprised if Gray ends up saying he actually handballed to Amon and not into the goals.

Currently replaying this many times on Fox Footy and sick of seeing that wuss in blue waltzing in calling it a point without a care in the world.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Glad jack was vocal last night with the umps. The rest of em like grimes, houli and other leaders need to grow a pair, stand up and call out bs decisions. It wont change the decision, but will at least put the spotlight on the maggot to think twice next time.
I'll be looking forward to Tuesday when Jack's on AFL360 and even to see how Blobbo justifies how we're 'under the spotlight' now.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The club or dimma has to speak up about the obvious bias against us. A spotlight needs to be shone on the numerous incidents of double standards.

Unlike others here, I have no issue looking at free kick differential as it doesnt prove bias. An umpire can only pay based on what transpires and simply losing the free kick count doesnt mean we were treated unfairly.

What proves the bias is calling out specific instances of non calls or incorrect decisions, and clear cases of one rule for the opposition and one rule for us. Arguing our free kick differential over the past few years is not evidence of bias.

The media clearly wont call it out as they are spineless and will protect the afl, so the club needs to make a stand. The resultant fine or sanction will be worth it and will benefit us in the long run, as it's just blatant cheating. We need to call a spade a spade!

Grimes argued the free against him for holding pretty vociferously.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Richmond 0.

He was bloody hopeless.

DeBoy bent us over just as hard as Mollison did the night before to the Bombers. They don't need all the umps to go one way, only one needs to do it to have this sort of influence.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
And surprise, surprise, he’s from South Australia. Can either side protest the selection of an umpire for a game? I think we’ve got evidence that he can’t officiate games featuring an SA team impartially.
One of the wa umps has a wife who works for the eagles and is not allowed to umpire their games vs dockers (so my mum tells me)

time for a review of the AFL. Peggy has been pushing for it and surprise surprise - rule changes, lopsided free kick counts. There would be a lot going on behind the scenes.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
The media hardly comment on the poor umpiring. I think it is getting worse over time.
Think the people in the media have been warned and too scared.
Look at what happen to Grant Thomas.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
How is the media saying Grays was within the rules ?.He had prior opportunity and not one table on him for pressure.
Screenshot_20210410-064056_Twitter.jpg