Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Personally think Neale was lucky. Agressive and he was sooking about blood on his head that came from an accidental knock from Betts' knee.

exceedingly lucky.

way out of line.

a friendly hand on the back with a smile should be $1500,

Neale should have got 2 weeks

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
exceedingly lucky.

way out of line.

a friendly hand on the back with a smile should be $1500,

Neale should have got 2 weeks
What did Williams get 8 weeks?
Little *smile* should've got stripped of his Brownlow.
Still in my top 5 of underwhelming Brownlow winner's.
Alongside Wooedin, Dippa, Libba and Wilson

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Watched a bit of ANZAC Day game and boy oh boy doesnt Daicos duck and shrug the shoulder in the middle. Stats dont seem to show frees for and against for players anymore but I saw him get several for just ducking and shrugging....

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
who was the blonde umpire? he was just *smile*. maybe the blonde hair stood out but he just made so many bad decisions. he needs to look for other employment. he'll most likely umpire 500 games.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched a bit of ANZAC Day game and boy oh boy doesnt Daicos duck and shrug the shoulder in the middle. Stats dont seem to show frees for and against for players anymore but I saw him get several for just ducking and shrugging....
The AFL app shows frees by each player, Daicos had 4 for and 2 against.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
So last year when tackled and the ball dropped, BUT you tried to kick it but this, the call was "he made an attempt", now this year its incorrect disposal.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So last year when tackled and the ball dropped, BUT you tried to kick it but this, the call was "he made an attempt", now this year its incorrect disposal.

Depends who's playing.

Yes for most teams, for a select few though (you know who they are) its play on.

Reactions: 1 user

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Depends who's playing.

Yes for most teams, for a select few though (you know who they are) its play on.
Yes i agree Pendleberry Sidebottom yesterday it didnt matter. Actually the umps are bad enough, their job made harder by the w*nkers at the AFL. Obvioulsy on the weekend " deliberate" was the rule of the week, It is a joke.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
100% agree. He is getting towards Selwood territory.

Well... not really. Selwood is way out in front re ducking/shrugging shoulders. Then daylight. Selwood and the ducking frees will be like Dusty and the Norm Smiths. Hard to see anyone replicating the milestone.

But, whilst I thought yesterday's game was a pretty good spectacle, Daicos' playing for the free kicks was pathetic.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What did Williams get 8 weeks?
Little *smile* should've got stripped of his Brownlow.
Still in my top 5 of underwhelming Brownlow winner's.
Alongside Wooedin, Dippa, Libba and Wilson
He was a grub of a player, a sniper, but he was unbelievably good footballer.
That’s part of the reason I detested him so much. Sniping grub who played for Carlton and was a really good player. Couldn’t get much worse than that.
Replace him with Scott Wynd in your top 5 crappy Brownlow winners

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
He was a grub of a player, a sniper, but he was unbelievably good footballer.
That’s part of the reason I detested him so much. Sniping grub who played for Carlton and was a really good player. Couldn’t get much worse than that.
Replace him with Scott Wynd in your top 5 crappy Brownlow winners
Nailed it Sin, an absolute champ, doesnt mean I liked him tho.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm guessing this thread has been pretty quiet so far this season?

No need for any defence of the adjudication. :peepwall

Hard to defend the indefensible.

Let's face it, the umpiring is getting worse, hard to imagine I know, but they are putrid and need to be called out. This is a professional competition and we should expect better and we should get better adjudication.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The stat I am most interested in this year is the free kick count for/against i50m arc.
Honestly I can only remember us getting a couple of free kicks max close to goal for the entire year. Where as our opposition seems to be getting a heap of goals from free kicks i50m every week. Where you receive your free kicks makes all the difference in a game. It’s where umpiring influences results most. I can only guess this number would be extremely lop sided.

How would one find an important statistic like that?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The stat I am most interested in this year is the free kick count for/against i50m arc.
Honestly I can only remember us getting a couple of free kicks max close to goal for the entire year. Where as our opposition seems to be getting a heap of goals from free kicks i50m every week. Where you receive your free kicks makes all the difference in a game. It’s where umpiring influences results most. I can only guess this number would be extremely lop sided.

How would one find an important statistic like that?
The HUN have them in their game day review stats sheet but an overall would be champion data I presume.

melb 6 Richmond 1
st kilda 6 Richmond 4 last week

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The HUN have them in their game day review stats sheet but an overall would be champion data I presume.

melb 6 Richmond 1
st kilda 6 Richmond 4 last week
Scores from frees
Rich 0.1 Mel 4.1

Dimma was critical of our players giving dumb frees away in his after match (unless that was code for umpires giving dumb frees)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
what interested me the most tonight was what I thought I heard. The footy was *smile*.
Are the umpires getting live feedback from the stands? I heard, "pay that, pay it" when the ball was deemed deliberately out of bounds in the second quarter. I felt it was a mic to the ump, but surely I'm hearing things.
Good post, HR. You are on to something there. I thought I heard that on the effects mike too and wondered at the time who was saying it. Thought it may have been someone in the crowd.
Very curious.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Good post, HR. You are on to something there. I thought I heard that on the effects mike too and wondered at the time who was saying it. Thought it may have been someone in the crowd.
Very curious.

I heard it. Pretty sure it was someone in the crowd or someone on the boundary line.