Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
What about the ump letting Cameron play on without calling play on? Our man stuck on Mark. Joke

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
So many throws. So many frees to selwood, so many frees against selwood not paid. And Stewart on the Dusty's mark? Total incompetence or bias, take your pick. That stuff should not be hard, 2 warnings, no movement, 50. Or am I taking crazy pills?

Anyone see Hawkins spike the ball into flossy face when ball was dead? Ump right there, nuthin.

They aren't the reason for the loss by any means, but geez they are making it hard.
Great summary.
But you forgot Higgins waiting to be tackled at least 3 times, 2 ball ups and one where he dropped it straight onto the grass.
3 times in the first qtr, Selwood twice and Smith once threw the ball.
The 3 hours the Geelong players had to kick the ball from a mark but we only would get 3 seconds.
The high hit on Mansel was a disgrace. How 3 officiating umpires not pay high matches the decision to pay a free kick to Rampee after Flappers was Kod.
If people don't think the AFL hasn't got an agenda to bend us over.
Have Fken rocks in their heads.
How many tackles 60?? With only 3 paid as holding the ball.
Especially early in the game.
I counted at 2 in the first qtr that would've been scoring opportunities for us.
*smile* them

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ju
So 8 rounds in and the Stand rule is about as strongly enforced as a federal government quarantine centre. The amount of allowed cribbing on the mark tonight was very plain to see.
Just Stewart, apprantly he gets a free pass

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I would send Balmey in to sort them out.
Balme needs to do me a favour and ko fken Hocking.
He is the prick that has caused this.
You can't not go through an entire season home or away and constantly loss the free kick count.
Why would the umpiring boss just walk out after 7 rounds?
Because they are getting told what to do.
Ive never witnessed a season where the umpiring is influencing the result on such a regular basis..
No wonder only 50k turned up tonight

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
So 8 rounds in and the Stand rule is about as strongly enforced as a federal government quarantine centre. The amount of allowed cribbing on the mark tonight was very plain to see.
I see that is a good thing. The new rules tend to only last a few weeks although expect a late season call out of the blue to go against us.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Why would the umpiring boss just walk out after 7 rounds?
Because they are getting told what to do.
Reckon they were told to admit the mistake in the Geelong game and they didn't want to do it. They are getting a lot of flak, but they've had a bad year.

Dan Richardson is invisible compared to The Giesch.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
It’s time to take the fine.

Wait until we win.

Losing means the club doesn’t have the right to complain about umpires. Supporters can go nuts though.

We should target the Joel Selwood “lifting the arm” rule, which rightfully is prior opportunity and HTB, not too high. Start of the last quarter.

This is the one rule the umpires legitimately get wrong a majority of the time, and benefits other clubs because they practice it. If you’re going to say something, be specific and be right, can’t be vague about umpires. We usually take the high ground though.

Last edited:

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Selwood is a serial offender with the rugby throw it's as plain as can be. no whinging there.
We lose the free kick count by some margin 95% of the time. fact.
Losing the free count is tied to the Umps not paying frees that they pay the opposition and this is where my anger sits. I reckon 7-10 clear frees were not paid last night and there's your difference.
it wasn't until Shai got a holding the man decision (because it was blatant) that we got something in the Fwd 50 !

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It’s hard to complain when you lose so badly and in the end it made zero difference. It’s the ones we don’t get that drive me crazy.
The fact is that this is not a case of individual games, it is a trend going back to 2017. It’s not explained by “ tell me which decisions were wrong” because it is a continual long running free kick differential.
The club is well within its rights to ask why

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Can someone clarify for me, one of our players, Vlastuin i think, go the ball on the wing, he was tackled straight away, so no prior, he was pretty wrapped up in the tackle, but attempted to handball it. the ball spilt out, and a free was paid against him.

I was sure an expert on here spent the week telling everyone if you had no prior you couldnt get done for incorrect disposal in that situation?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
and how is it twice the umps called no 15 last night, both times against us, while every week the opposition continually do 10mts passes?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Frees: Richmond 11 ( 3 D50, 6 midfield, 2 F50)
Geelong : 21 (1 D50, 19 midfield, 1 F50)

Certainly helped having an extra midfielder for Geelong in there.....

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
It is irrefutable that there is bias against us, whether it is conscious or sub conscious is the question.

A good way to look it is how many free kicks are awarded to us - because this is about the opposition actions largely outside of our control. The answer is far less than any other club since our premiership in 2017.

The more successful we become, the less free kicks umpires give us. This year it has reached an embarrassing level.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Can someone clarify for me, one of our players, Vlastuin i think, go the ball on the wing, he was tackled straight away, so no prior, he was pretty wrapped up in the tackle, but attempted to handball it. the ball spilt out, and a free was paid against him.

I was sure an expert on here spent the week telling everyone if you had no prior you couldnt get done for incorrect disposal in that situation?
The rules only seem to apply to the other 17 teams. We are adjudicated to a different standard no matter what the expert claims. You only need to have eyes to see that.

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Perhaps we ask the AFL to do a study into sub conscious bias in umpiring - because whilst we totally trust that they are not corrupt :rolleyes: - there is an elephant in the room they need to address.