Unfurling the flags - same game or separate? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Unfurling the flags - same game or separate?

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
I've heard people talking as though we're gonna unfurl the 2019 and 2020 flags at the same time. Lot of water to go under the bridge in the next couple of months before we know how the land lies in terms of potential crowd sizes etc. but is there any chance we could unfurl them separately? Say maybe 2020 before round 1 vs Carlton and 2019 before round 3 vs Sydney or something like that? Just putting it out there...

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Unfurl 2019 against the Blues in Rd 1, but unfurl 2020 against the Cats. That would be sweet. Worth it just to see the look on Scott and Dangerflog’s faces.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
2 flags against the blues in rd 1. Let the scum look on in envy

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
While I think the 2 flags at once is appropriate given the circumstances, if there are limits to crowd numbers then unfurling at 2 different games might make sense to allow more people to witness the occasion(s).

DS

Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
It has to be at once.

It's never happened before and never will again.

Let us be the answer to a trivia question for the next hundred years.

Reactions: 7 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It's already been confirmed we are doing both Rd 1. It'll be the 1st time the scum have seen a Flag since they cheated the salary cap, hopefully i am there to remind them of that!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
No side has ever unfurled two premiership flags at the same time. Truly historic.

This. Unlikely to happen again too.

Only disappointing thing is that its unlikely we will be able to get 100,000 tigers fans in to witness it..

I would love to come down to see it but I reckon tickets will be harder to get than a GF

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
While I think the 2 flags at once is appropriate given the circumstances, if there are limits to crowd numbers then unfurling at 2 different games might make sense to allow more people to witness the occasion(s).

DS
I was there when we unfurled the 2017 flag and I have to say that it was a bit underwhelming, even with our residual euphoria from the 2017 win.

Maybe a double bunger will have more oomph and will certainly be the first and probably only time it will be done.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Personally, Id carry the 2 over to rd 1 2022,

and have a triple bunger.

• Love

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
If it's anything like the unfurling of our 2017 flag then I wouldn't get too excited.

That was done in the blink of an eye.

I hope they use that experience to do a better job of it this time around.

Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I was there when we unfurled the 2017 flag and I have to say that it was a bit underwhelming, even with our residual euphoria from the 2017 win.

Maybe a double bunger will have more oomph and will certainly be the first and probably only time it will be done.
Unfurling a flag is like introducing your ugly wife to a bunch of mates.
Very hard thing to dress up

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Unfurling a flag is like introducing your ugly wife to a bunch of mates.
Very hard thing to dress up
I guess I've been lucky, DA.
I've always been told I'm punching well above my weight division :cool:

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I think it should be done before every game. Just to remind every *smile* who the champs are and engrave it on their souls. With the opposing team dropping to both knees in submission.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users