Uni slaughter in the U.S.A | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Uni slaughter in the U.S.A

Tiger Attack

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2007
I was reading a letter to the editor in an American newspaper recently. The author's line of reasoning went:

1. Psychopaths choose crowded, soft targets as the place to wreak havoc. ie. shopping malls, schools and colleges, subways, office buildings. Thus they can kill numerous people quickly and easily.

2. These places are the most unlikely to have security guards, armed officers etc in them.

3. Thus, the law should be changed to allow citizens to carry weapons, with which to defend themselves and others.

Imagine the kids being allowed to take machine guns to class?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Tiger Attack said:
I was reading a letter to the editor in an American newspaper recently. The author's line of reasoning went:

1. Psychopaths choose crowded, soft targets as the place to wreak havoc. ie. shopping malls, schools and colleges, subways, office buildings. Thus they can kill numerous people quickly and easily.

2. These places are the most unlikely to have security guards, armed officers etc in them.

3. Thus, the law should be changed to allow citizens to carry weapons, with which to defend themselves and others.

Imagine the kids being allowed to take machine guns to class?

Massive jump in logic between points 2 and 3.

Could argue along those lines that, because there's a chance of being killed by a drunk driver in a car accident, I should be permitted to work from home. Don't think my boss will have any of it.