Unread Posts not really obvious | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Unread Posts not really obvious

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Hey Mr T

It may be that I'm a bit of an old bastage, but it's not immediately obvious when navigating which posts have unread content in them.

It seems to be the default is to "bold" the post title, but I find it not obvious.

Cheers

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Hey Mr T

It may be that I'm a bit of an old bastage, but it's not immediately obvious when navigating which posts have unread content in them.

It seems to be the default is to "bold" the post title, but I find it not obvious.

Cheers
Yep, something I don't like and control right now... hopefully the design update will address this.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hitting the bold title seems to get you to the first unread post. I like this as could never work it out in the old forum, always had to scroll through threads to find where I was up to.

DS

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Previously, I used to be able to have the most recent posts at the top of the respective thread. It could be set up in preferences. Is that still possible? Cheers.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
What i'm doing is starting from the "New posts" tab, then all threads with unread posts are listed in chronological order. Then i just work my way through them until there's no more.
I had to go to the settings to mark all threads as read, because to start each thread started at post # 1

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If the thread titled is bold then there a new unread posts. Clicking on it takes you to the first unread post. However the first time you do it post the migration it will take you to the very first post of the thread because it thinks this is the first unread post, which it actually is in the new platform. You have to unfortunately go to the last page and find the newer posts.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
What i'm doing is starting from the "New posts" tab, then all threads with unread posts are listed in chronological order. Then i just work my way through them until there's no more.
I had to go to the settings to mark all threads as read, because to start each thread started at post # 1
Yes I have now done the same thing, it works well for me and you only have to set it up once.

It is a bit like the little blue "new" button that used to flag unread posts on the old board.

If you started at the oldest unread post, the old board had two buttons at the end of that thread, "next" and "previous". The "previous" button would take you back to your next oldest unread post without having to first go back to the board to navigate again for unread posts. It would be great to have a feature like that again.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
On the old system I used to just refresh the unread post threads which worked most of the time

Now I hit the New Post thread and it seems to pull up just those threads that have unread posts - beyond that I don’t know how you can quickly see where the new posts start from