V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Another sporting comp that's been buried in a beige miasma.
Cars are all exactly the same except for the pretend logo on the grille n there's nearly always two or three safety cars in the last twenty or so laps bunching the pack up the leaders arse, or the leader slowing n trying to preserve fuel so he can get to the line while the chasing cars are desperately trying to get close enough to pretend they're half a chance.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Another sporting comp that's been buried in a beige miasma.
Cars are all exactly the same except for the pretend logo on the grille n there's nearly always two or three safety cars in the last twenty or so laps bunching the pack up the leaders arse, or the leader slowing n trying to preserve fuel so he can get to the line while the chasing cars are desperately trying to get close enough to pretend they're half a chance.

I agree about beige miasma, what the hell are they driving anyway, not like there are any V8 sedans in existence any more.

They should bring back the old classifications where you would see a couple of smaller cars running around trying to win their section, made life more interesting.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I used to like the Bathurst 1000 it was at least slightly relevant to the cars we could buy in the dealerships. Now it's meaningless & I find it as boring as batschitt.

I mean you can't buy a Holden anymore let alone a Commodore, at least Ford still sell the Mustang here plus a lot of other models.

What is the future of the "Supercar" series? I'm blowed if I know, but one thing's for sure it can't continue with the same irrelevancy that it is at the moment.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I agree about beige miasma, what the hell are they driving anyway, not like there are any V8 sedans in existence any more.

They should bring back the old classifications where you would see a couple of smaller cars running around trying to win their section, made life more interesting.

DS
Yep. Four different classes of cars n a dozen or so different models n engines that you could actually go n buy from the dealers way back when.
Even somewhat more recently when they had the Big Jags, Bimmers, Sierra Cosworth's, Godzilla Skylines thundering around Bathurst against the Faaalcons n Commodes there was plenty of difference between the looks, power, technology of the cars to make it must see racing.

Now it's same control engines, gear boxes, diffs, suspension, rev limiters, tyres, roll cages n weird shaped bastardised bodies built over the roll cage.
The most interesting things about the races now are the manufactured " freight train " of ten cars in a line nose up arse running around the track, the wait for the obligatory safety cars bunching the field for the last laps sprint n who stuffed up what in the pit stop.