Very Astute | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Very Astute

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
They interviewed Greg Miller on Fox at the under 18 chamionships today.
As has been said previously he is going to have a big say in the recruiting. Which will be good as he recruited Carey to the Roos.
What I was impressed with though, when asked why he wasn't sitting with the other Tiger recruiting staff sitting 100 metres away, he said that he can concentrate better by himself.
I like his style.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Miller's missed quite a few of our games as he's been all over the country looking at potential recruits. Hopefully he can find us a Wayne Carey (for football ability that is).

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
The Boss said:
Miller's missed quite a few of our games as he's been all over the country looking at potential recruits.

I was under the impression that Beck was being paid good money to do just that. Probably explains why we have recruited so poorly.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Hopefully Miller is making his own assessments because he plans to sack our current recruiting staff at the end of this year.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
I like his style as well.

I'd say there would be a lot of nervous people in the football departement at the moment, based on those comments and probably from what is in the report.

A long time coming

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Captain Blood said:
Miller admitted he bent the rules in a way not possible anymore to secure Carey's services for North. Hope he has more tricks in his bag come draft time.

I seem to remember that he pulled the wool over the swans eyes when he recruited John Longmire. Longmire was from N.S.W if my memory serves correctly.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
The Boss said:
Miller's missed quite a few of our games as he's been all over the country looking at potential recruits.

I was under the impression that Beck was being paid good money to do just that. Probably explains why we have recruited so poorly.
what you think he sits on his butt at home?
if anything the finger should be pointed at the club.you cant expect to get results on a shoe string budget.we need a overhaul of the recruiting dept no doubt about that and beck maybe a victim of it all but we also need to boast up that department so we can be in the best postion possible come draft time.