VFL 2024 Practice Matches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL 2024 Practice Matches

I must be watching a different game than some of you.

We have had plenty of the ball (without a competitive ruck) but also poor use and poor conversion - however, it is a practice game.

In the first half, Judson Clark was excellent with his run, Sonsie classy, Ralphsmith got plenty of the ball

One thing I did really like - Kaleb Smith did not do a lot but what I saw of him was illuminating - some serious speed, nice run out of defence and a nice kick - plenty to work with

Cumberland not doing a lot but none of our forwards are as we are bringing it in poorly and not kicking to advantage - that can be corrected.
Well sez Sezza

Outter wing, 3 richmond players chasing, Collingwood handball misses target but they still get the ball inside 50..good tackle by Street saves the day.

If Yze thinks playing long suite us he won't last long.
There was a soft effort on the wing was costly don’t know who it was

Quietly impressed with Pala Kuma's work. Tracks the ball well and gathers cleanly, disposal has been ok, hits hard. Lots to work with.

We should have 2 or 3 kids that should be dominating this level.
Besides Sony the rest are hot dogs.
The years between 2017 to 2022 have cost us any chance if a quick rebound.
Thank Clark & Hartley

We just don't develop.
Punt Rd is a Non development zone

I think it's actually the opposite that's hurting us today - we've developed a bunch of guys up into the 1's, and their absence is notable. Put Banks, Brown, Dow, Campbell, Green, Ryan back into that team and it'd be a different story.

Lots of raw VFL types running around, some for the first time in yellow and black. It was always going to be scrappy. That being said, composure went up a notch across the board in Q2 - not sure it won't go back down again in the 2nd half as players tire in the heat. Hold a few of those marks in f50, get a few more set shots, and I reckon it'd be pretty even.

Reactions: 2 users
Needs to figure out how to mark the ball. Seems to get to good areas, but can't mark it.
No rucks, KB's, Kf's not a recruiting priority for too long. Need to trial more with constant turnover. But good to see a whole new batch maybe one will show something?

No rucks, KB's, Kf's not a recruiting priority for too long. Need to trial more with constant turnover. But good to see a whole new batch maybe one will show something?
Is that tall forward kid we drafted not playing

This #73 plays for them. Couldn't even hold the defender to make Judz kick a goal.