VFL Good Friday PRACTICE Match Match vs Box Hill Hawks 12:30pm PRO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Good Friday PRACTICE Match Match vs Box Hill Hawks 12:30pm PRO

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I reckon Chol a smokey for next week. Would address a massive need forward/ruck. I have been impressed with him at Wang and last week.

Sounds like he stood up again.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Baloo said:
Does Higgins provide more defensive pressure than Bolton?
Gets in involved in the game more than Bolton. More flexibility and can play further up the ground.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Smoking Aces said:
But struggles to read the flight of the ball.

Got caught underneath it a number of times

Cheers SA.

Misjudging the flight of the ball is Chol's biggest knock, was hoping he might have improved that part of his game.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
tigerman said:
Cheers SA.

Misjudging the flight of the ball is Chol's biggest knock, was hoping he might have improved that part of his game.
Unfortunately still a problem.

Balta is the one with vice like hands. Big unit as well.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
How's that for a Cuz pose. Dion should be back next week which makes me feel better for the midfield.

DZgkq_FVAAATfjI.jpg:large

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
I thought Menadue and Broad were best.

Higgins first half very good but quieter in second half but may have done enough to replace Bolton.

Balta very impressive and is quick and has good hands.

Garthwaite as usual very steady up back.

Game was not a very high standard with low scoring in such a nice day.

Hampson and Drummond had their first hit out for year and were both very rusty.

Prestia did what he had to do and get game time into him to play AFL next week

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Thanks everyone for the updates. What was Lloyd like? Could he come in next week or are others in front of him?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
MalenyTiger said:
Thanks everyone for the updates. What was Lloyd like? Could he come in next week or are others in front of him?
I thought he was ok. Spent time either up forward or through the midfield.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Reading the ball - he needs to watch the ball off the boot of the kicker. That will fix his problem.

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Thanks SA. Personally I would prefer him in the side rather than Bolton as he has more strings to his bow - he can play midfield, he has a bigger tank and due to his gretaer experience he is more reliable. Lloyd's downside in the past was his floating in and out of games. Hope this area of his game has improved.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
tigerman said:
Cheers SA.

Basic skill all VFL/AFL players must possess, so if he can't do it now, maybe it just won't happen. He can be easily knocked sideways waiting for the ball drop. His lack of junior footy is working against him. Maybe soccer is a better option?

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
don't think LLoyd is our answer at AFL Level

Like Miles - very very good at VFL level but just not good enough at the higher level

Rather try Higgins and see what he brings

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Francis Jackson said last week reading the ball and game is the key area all of our young talls must learn, not just chol. Was in the context of a discussion about Miller.

Feb 25, 2007
Smoking Aces said:
Looks like Prestia is done for the day.

Probably looks like another game in VFL before he plays in the seniors

Not a chance, 19 possies and 8 tackles wont see him play another ressies game. Next week straight in and so he should no need wasting prestias talents in the ressies for another week.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
AstuteTiger said:
Not a chance, 19 possies and 8 tackles wont see him play another ressies game. Next week straight in and so he should no need wasting prestias talents in the ressies for another week.
Yep, if he got through unscathed he,ll play v Hawthorn

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
AstuteTiger said:
Fair call

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
And we desperately need him too against the Hawks.

Dyer thanks for your updates and analysis of our youngsters and reserve players from yesterday's game on the main threads for each player.

Balta
Chol
Moore
Soldo
Miller

Our tall stocks look promising instead of thinking its desperate times.

Next draft load up on more mids.