VFL Rd 10 versus Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd 10 versus Geelong

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think we gotta give chol a go in the seniors. Couldn’t do any worse than soldo, could he?

Feb 25, 2007
rokkafella said:
Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think we gotta give chol a go in the seniors. Couldn’t do any worse than soldo, could he?

Absolutely needs to come in as a 2nd mobile tall in the fwd line and chop out in the ruck too.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
CJ didn't play apparently out for 2 weeks.
Miller out for about 4 weeks/

Shai was great played 100% midfield.
Turner great. (They actually sent him in for some clearance work a couple of times which was a surprise and good for his development).
Mabs was quite good kicked 2.
Egg-Smith good
Oleg quiet but brilliant last quarter.
Broady plenty of it but fumbly which is why he was dropped in the 1st place.
RCD, Menadue quiet games.
Weller fair

VFL listed Nielsen kicked 5

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
caesar said:
CJ didn't play apparently out for 2 weeks.
Miller out for about 4 weeks/

Shai was great played 100% midfield.
Turner great. (They actually sent him in for some clearance work a couple of times which was a surprise and good for his development).
Mabs was quite good kicked 2.
Egg-Smith good
Oleg quiet but brilliant last quarter.
Broady plenty of it but fumbly which is why he was dropped in the 1st place.
RCD, Menadue quiet games.
Weller fair

VFL listed Nielsen kicked 5

Where do you see Mabs best position. Ruck / forward or defence?

Surely Bolton is back in on that game. I'd probably push Higgins forward, he's been poorer for us since taking more mid minutes.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
mrposhman said:

Surely Bolton is back in on that game. I'd probably push Higgins forward, he's been poorer for us since taking more mid minutes.

Get Cholly in the 1sts as ruck/forward. More chance he can lead & mark than Soldo can imagine.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Good to see Bolton respond after the dropping.
Agree with those saying let's give Chol a chance in the AFL as a ruck/relief forward.

Soldo is like another Trent Knobel. OK at Hit outs but not much value around the ground.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Bolton clearly best - 11 tackles too

Only player from both sides to be clean handling ball all day.

A very ordinary game with many ball ups.

Last quarter the game opened up.

Luke Nelson from Noble Park kicked 5 and knows how to kick a goal - very small but - we don't need anymore

Marcov gave us good run in the second half.

Richmond only had AFL players
Bolton / Broad / Weller / RCD / Chol / Aarts / Turner / Smith

Geelong had twice as many and including
Constable / S Selwood / Z Guthrie / Bews / Simpson / Z Smith / Buzza / Fort / Abbott / Parsons / Fogarty

Very good win AGAIN

E

easy_tiger

ryan said:

thanks Ryan.

great and well timed response from $hai.

will go to Adelaide. :fing32

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
mrposhman said:

I would give Mabs a go as no1 ruck while Nank out, Soldo very average around the ground. Doubt we would lose much by this swap?.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
The_General said:
Good to see Bolton respond after the dropping.
Agree with those saying let's give Chol a chance in the AFL as a ruck/relief forward.

Soldo is like another Trent Knobel. OK at Hit outs but not much value around the ground.

Yes, General.
It's time to roll the dice on Chol and give him a run.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
ryan said:

Only player from both sides to be clean handling ball all day.

A very ordinary game with many ball ups.

Last quarter the game opened up.

Luke Nelson from Noble Park kicked 5 and knows how to kick a goal - very small but - we don't need anymore

Marcov gave us good run in the second half.

Richmond only had AFL players
Bolton / Broad / Weller / RCD / Chol / Aarts / Turner / Smith

Geelong had twice as many and including
Constable / S Selwood / Z Guthrie / Bews / Simpson / Z Smith / Buzza / Fort / Abbott / Parsons / Fogarty

Very good win AGAIN

Yes, bring Bolton in for Higgins or Butler. But want to know more about this Nelson kid. Five snags in the VFL in what, his 2nd/3rd game? Looks promising.

But maybe we are all missing something. How good a coach is Fly? Just seems to get an amazing effort every time out of the VFL boys despite all the continuous line-up changes and very depleted team due to the club's surfeit of injuries.

I've never taken him that seriously. Could he be a consideration for Dimma's successor?

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
leon said:
Yes, bring Bolton in for Higgins or Butler. But want to know more about this Nelson kid. Five snags in the VFL in what, his 2nd/3rd game? Looks promising.

But maybe we are all missing something. How good a coach is Fly? Just seems to get an amazing effort every time out of the VFL boys despite all the continuous line-up changes and very depleted team due to the club's surfeit of injuries.

I've never taken him that seriously. Could he be a consideration for Dimma's successor?

Undoubtedly!

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
rokkafella said:
saw one pice of footage where he won the centre clearence and grabbed the footy and burst away. He has a nice turn of pace on him for a big man

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Bullarto Tiger said:
Fly is a very good coach.
Would be rated by many clubs.

gotta feeling the best coach at the club isn't the head coach of the senior team. reckon fly is a gun coach. would love him to take over from dimma when dimma winds up. hopefully we dont lose him before then