VFL Rd 15 versus North Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd 15 versus North Melbourne

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Caesar in what way was Miller so impressive? last month you pointed out his aerial game as not sufficient for a big man, so i'm interested in how he has improved. I respect your thoughts and judgements, its been super helpful to read from here in france. so cheers!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
tigerdell said:
Caesar in what way was Miller so impressive? last month you pointed out his aerial game as not sufficient for a big man, so i'm interested in how he has improved. I respect your thoughts and judgements, its been super helpful to read from here in france. so cheers!

Tigerdell, Miller was an absolute wall down back and what I had been wanting to see was some contested marking from him which has been lacking most of the year. He duly delivered on Saturday so I hope his confidence grows from here. He continues to be quite impressive in starting links of play for a big man, good by foot and handball. Long way to go but yesterday's game was a quantum leap for me.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
caesar said:
Tigerdell, Miller was an absolute wall down back and what I had been wanting to see was some contested marking from him which has been lacking most of the year. He duly delivered on Saturday so I hope his confidence grows from here. He continues to be quite impressive in starting links of play for a big man, good by foot and handball. Long way to go but yesterday's game was a quantum leap for me.

Great news, a good effort from Miller and Balta to stand up in their first year, promising signs.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
caesar said:
Wasn’t too many games ago , we were both sitting at Punt road thinking Miller looked nowhere near it, I reckon since that day his improved every game his played and could well be a good late pick.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Mr Brightside said:
Wasn’t too many games ago , we were both sitting at Punt road thinking Miller looked nowhere near it, I reckon since that day his improved every game his played and could well be a good late pick.

We can only hope.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
thanks Caes, great to hear. With his speed and height, if he can put on size he has all the tools. Glad to hear that his footy is improving.
Plenty of time for him, a long term replacement for Astbury. Will be an advantage to gel with Garthy and Balta for a couple of years too

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Miller, 10 disposals, 5 marks, 1 inside 50's, 2 rebound 50's.
Balta, 13 disposals, 7 marks, 3 inside 50's, 4 rebound 50's.
CCJ, 9 disposals, 2 marks, 1 inside 50's, 1 rebound 50.

Very early days but we might've have hit the jackpot with these 3 talls, Balta's numbers are very good.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
caesar said:

I don't know whether the guy giving the review of the VFL game on 'Talking Tigers' was just being lazy and rounding up Miller's height or if he has grown a couple of cm's?
He said: "he's very athletic for a big man at 200cm" is this right RFC site has him as 195 and Inside Footy Draft edition had him at 196cm.
Not sure a cm or 2 matters unless he is going to be a relief ruckman.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Certainly helpswhen defending the rory lobbs. Someone like Jake Carlisle, playing wise.
But probs just a lazy report