VFL Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Richmond v GWS

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Biggy doing well. The 1.4 is a bit unfair on him really. 1st was a great kick from the pocket but touched off the boot, then hit the post from about 55m, missed 1 he should have kicked from about 25m in front, kicked one from a similar position and as you say, should have given the other 1 off to Banks.

Steely missed at least 1 he should have kicked, from the top of the square. Looking good up forward, kicked a really nice roving one from a Miller tap at a F50 stoppage.

Sonsie when he has the ball is all class BUT when he doesn't have it, I see what the coaches are trying to eek out of him. Takes a lot of small steps when running defensively shows he's not running that hard. Running much harder when he can get the ball but needs to do the same both ways.
Sonsie must get fitter so he can run harder both ways.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Bradtke has dropped so many marks the last few weeks. Probably grasping at straws here but could his recently broken hand be contributing to this? Was taking these marks in the first two rounds…
Definitely a factor.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Nice goal but that passage of play really does show how VFL is a fair bit slower than AFL.

Good start by Coulthard, should give him some confidence. Yes, he will need to get a bit bigger but I can't see him ever being a really big bloke, he will need to keep the run and evasiveness as that is the way to survive as a small forward not built like brick sh!thouse.

DS

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
:D fair bit slower than AFL.

Good start by Coulthard, should give him some confidence. Yes, he will need to get a bit bigger but I can't see him ever being a really big bloke, he will need to keep the run and evasiveness as that is the way to survive as a small forward not built like brick sh!thouse.

DS
Come on! I hope you are not disparaging the size of our new KPF taken in the latest MSD. Named at CHF in our VFL team today.

Already towers over Baker, named as CHF in our AFL team. Already has him for 2cms in height, and only needs about 3kg to weigh more. :D

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Been talking about playing Biggie up forward for a few weeks now .. glad they finally saw the light .. Hopefully he will come good there and make it to the ones as a much needed marking tall forward . Fingers crossed .

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
was talking with a mate about their Nick Madden , reminded me of David Cloke ,
said he's third in line at GWS
He suggested do a swap for Soldo

watched a little of the Geelong VFL game and 3 qtrs of this
Reckon Bradkte was well beaten in the Geelong game , well off the pace , this game was a real step up , give him more time

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
was talking with a mate about their Nick Madden , reminded me of David Cloke ,
said he's third in line at GWS
He suggested do a swap for Soldo

watched a little of the Geelong VFL game and 3 qtrs of this
Reckon Bradkte was well beaten in the Geelong game , well off the pace , this game was a real step up , give him more time
Why do gws want Soldo? They have Briggs

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I know this is very belated but watched Q4 of this great VFL win and had to take off immediately. So came back to say this because it belongs here.

I thought Bullus' man, Luke Teal, was a standout in the final Q down in defence. Really saved the game for us with excellent reading of the play and strong contested possession wins, both marking or by ground balls. then repelled and rebounded with good ball use to create forward entries.

Looks to be quite an all-round talent, at a decent size. We have to make sure we get hold of him some way, rather than allow Dodoro comes a'knocking first. Others taken previously from our VFL side have giftef the Bummers 2 last moment wins in recent games: Durham (who is turning into a very good player) against us and Ambrosio, in their defeat of Norf.

We lack high draft picks (not that he will probably go really high) or much at all, but need to hide him or find a way somehow, and others. Brindley?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I know this is very belated but watched Q4 of this great VFL win and had to take off immediately. So came back to say this because it belongs here.

I thought Bullus' man, Luke Teal, was a standout in the final Q down in defence. Really saved the game for us with excellent reading of the play and strong contested possession wins, both marking or by ground balls. then repelled and rebounded with good ball use to create forward entries.

Looks to be quite an all-round talent, at a decent size. We have to make sure we get hold of him some way, rather than allow Dodoro comes a'knocking first. Others taken previously from our VFL side have giftef the Bummers 2 last moment wins in recent games: Durham (who is turning into a very good player) against us and Ambrosio, in their defeat of Norf.

We lack high draft picks (not that he will probably go really high) or much at all, but need to hide him or find a way somehow, and others. Brindley?
Teal was handy but Trezise was better as a defender in the last qtr.

The fact Teal didn't get any interest in the mid-season draft after missing out on the National Draft last year is a fair indication, he has some things to work on still

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Teal was handy but Trezise was better as a defender in the last qtr.

The fact Teal didn't get any interest in the mid-season draft after missing out on the National Draft last year is a fair indication, he has some things to work on still
Yes, but we already have Tresize who I agree, was also very good. I think Teal has real upgrading ability. One to watch closely.