VFL Round 13 vs Box Hill | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 13 vs Box Hill

E

easy_tiger

caesar said:
At the game live :

Take it to the Bank CEllis will be replace Conca. He was BOG for mine.

thats great news.

thanks fellas

Feb 25, 2007
caesar said:
Not sure if they bring Garth in for Vlossy or just bring in another runner?

Saw the game and i was mighty impressed with Shai and yes his 2nd half was very good and i think he'll come in.
Don't think Garth will come in will give us 5 players over 190cms in the back line with the others being dave, rance, broad and grimes.
C.Ellis could still come in but needs to believe he belongs in the seniors, but i will say this year he has improved his contested ball.
Naish luv his dashing runs ...

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
caesar said:
At the game live :

Disagree with Leon Shai had a great 2nd half but was poor in the 1st half, needs to stay involved at all times.
Kmac unfortunately butchered a lot of his possessions so don't think he has earned a reprieve.
Balta was impressive but they are certainly not letting him settle into a position they are throwing him around everywhere.
Miles, exactly why they bought in the ducking rule to protect players from themselves, unfortunately Miles keeps doing it.
Young Naishy had his best game for the year.
Moore as everyone has said could have another bag of 5 but for kicking.

Thinking Houli for Vlastuin and Ellis for Conca would love to see Bolton needs to back it up again

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
caesar said:
At the game live :

Disagree with Leon Shai had a great 2nd half but was poor in the 1st half, needs to stay involved at all times.
Kmac unfortunately butchered a lot of his possessions so don't think he has earned a reprieve.
Balta was impressive but they are certainly not letting him settle into a position they are throwing him around everywhere.
Miles, exactly why they bought in the ducking rule to protect players from themselves, unfortunately Miles keeps doing it.
Young Naishy had his best game for the year.
Moore as everyone has said could have another bag of 5 but for kicking.

Just saw the replay of the so called ducking of the head by Miles you have just claimed.

Try watching it again Caeser Miles stumbles and loses balance and collides with the oncoming player. His knees are buckled and he did not duck his head.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
yandb said:
Just saw the replay of the so called ducking of the head by Miles you have just claimed.

Try watching it again Caeser Miles stumbles and loses balance and collides with the oncoming player. His knees are buckled and he did not duck his head.

I've watched it more than once and I'm sticking to my guns that at the last minute he ducked, he is very skilled at getting the free and fooling the umps, unfortunately he came off 2nd best this time. Others have a right to see different.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
I saw it from the stand and felt he stumbled and accidentally put his head down as a result. Don't think the BH player has too much to worry about.

Bolton, Morris and Corey Ellis were our best. From our listed players strong games from Balta, Lloyd and Townsend. Have watched most VFL games this season and for mine the time is right for Balta and Bolton. Have my doubts about Corey at the next level but he has worked very hard and deserves his chance.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
James said:
I saw it from the stand and felt he stumbled and accidentally put his head down as a result. Don't think the BH player has too much to worry about.

Bolton, Morris and Corey Ellis were our best. From our listed players strong games from Balta, Lloyd and Townsend. Have watched most VFL games this season and for mine the time is right for Balta and Bolton. Have my doubts about Corey at the next level but he has worked very hard and deserves his chance.

Thanks James, how did Miller play yesterday? I've seen him a few times and while he will be a couple of years away he has showed some promise.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Lloyd started half back but swapped with KMAC after half time and played more wing.

Kmac looked a lot better playing half back but did butcher the ball a bit.

Bolton did play well especially in second half but his only chance of playing AFL at the minute if he replaces one of the smalls and that is not happening soon.

Has to wait for his chance again

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
tigerman said:
Thanks James, how did Miller play yesterday? I've seen him a few times and while he will be a couple of years away he has showed some promise.

Miller is a very interesting prospect. He came from Kalgoolie, with very little training at WAFL level. Played as a ruck forward. Now being trained as a defender. He is pretty fast, a reliable kick and pretty good in the air, and he makes good decisions with ball in hand.
He appears to be improving but tends to be on the low side in respect of possessions.
His outstanding quality is his anticipation. Works for the team and moves away from his opponent to help out team when he thinks he can make the next contest. I suspect he watches Rance and is trying to immitate.
Won't play AFL for a while, but imo has the makings of a beauty.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Even though not expecting a lot in his first year in the VFL from Miller I was a bit disappointed early on, seen a few steps in the right direction recently , long long way to go

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
James said:
Miller is a very interesting prospect. He came from Kalgoolie, with very little training at WAFL level. Played as a ruck forward. Now being trained as a defender. He is pretty fast, a reliable kick and pretty good in the air, and he makes good decisions with ball in hand.
He appears to be improving but tends to be on the low side in respect of possessions.
His outstanding quality is his anticipation. Works for the team and moves away from his opponent to help out team when he thinks he can make the next contest. I suspect he watches Rance and is trying to immitate.
Won't play AFL for a while, but imo has the makings of a beauty.

Thanks James

I think playing along side Garth, who plays a bit like Rance in leaving his man will be good for him too.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Mr Brightside said:
Even though not expecting a lot in his first year in the VFL from Miller I was a bit disappointed early on, seen a few steps in the right direction recently , long long way to go

Yes i saw him in an early game and was happy to see a lot of improvement the next time i saw him.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Mr Brightside said:

For a guy who is 195cm Miller should be taking more marks. From what I have seen so far either lacks the confidence or is not a good mark. Was expecting slightly more from him even at this early stage but early doors and heaps of time on his side.