VFL Round 2 - Sandringham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 2 - Sandringham

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
and that right there ladies and gents is whats wrong with umpiring/

Literally everyone expecting the most blatant HTB call, and he gives it in the back when he didn't really even fall in his back. How about paying the 1st free kick? The tackle that was given in the back, wasn't even the tackle relating to the HTB, so the HTB tackle was completed legally.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just a shocking decision. The second free in this game where everyone at the ground - including players, commentators, spectators - have been left totally bemused. Terrible umpiring.

Unless there’s a massive change in his game, Not sure if Samson Ryan is gonna be on our list after this year.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We were all hoping MRJ would have backed up this week. Should have been a game he liked with it being wet, lots of ground balls but he's only had it 5 times. Disappointing really.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Just a shocking decision. The second free in this game where everyone at the ground - including players, commentators, spectators - have been left totally bemused. Terrible umpiring.

Unless there’s a massive change in his game, Not sure if Samson Ryan is gonna be on our list after this year.
He's been really poor.

I was buying Samson Ryan stocks early in his VFL career. He was so competitive and just looked like he was going to make it.

I wonder how much of his confidence was shattered when we threw his to the wolves in his nightmare AFL debut? Poor bugger.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Serious questions need to be asked about our VFL program. Morris and Ferguson just not good enough coaches

We have talented players but the majority of them are going backwards

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

We get shafted worse in the VFL than we do the AFL. It’s disgusting and blatant cheating

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The Sonz, Biggie standouts from the Tigers list.

Ryan has had a dip in conditions extremely unfriendly to giraffes.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We were all hoping MRJ would have backed up this week. Should have been a game he liked with it being wet, lots of ground balls but he's only had it 5 times. Disappointing really.
Yes very. I can't remember him touching the ball in the 2nd half. Seems to always be where the ball ain't.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He's been really poor.

I was buying Samson Ryan stocks early in his VFL career. He was so competitive and just looked like he was going to make it.

I wonder how much of his confidence was shattered when we threw his to the wolves in his nightmare AFL debut? Poor bugger.

Its not really been a game for the big boys with it being so wet.

He's also up against Tom Campbell who has been around the traps a few times and is a very big build.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I don't get Martyn in the backline for 3/4s. He's a midfielder, that's it.

I suspect they've decided that he's not good enough in the midfield to make it at AFL level, so are looking to see if they can make him into a small defender. Personally reckon he has more chance as a small forward. He's a decent kick for goal and hard at it, loves to tackle so would be perfect for that small forward role but they've obviously decided they'd prefer him as a small back.

Reactions: 1 users