VFL Round 2 - Sandringham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 2 - Sandringham

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The positive of the weekend IMHO was the form of the 2021 draft group , Sonsie just oozed class and found a stack of footy as a midfielder should at the lower level , Brown again showed the signs of a future half back/ wing star , hopefully as the year goes on he starts to find more of the footy, Clarke showed plenty of excitement, Banks no surprise wasn’t up to his first up hit out , however again showed plenty to like and old Gibbo , well he’s playing with the big boys allready

Reactions: 2 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Martyn is not a backman imo and he won't be ahead of current backline and the likes of Mansell.

I don't think Tigers have given up on him as a midfielder btw, just trying to round his game out.
Not working for Ross, I fail to see how it will for Martyn who is a similar type

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
A man of few words is Morris, but I agree with his comments that Tom Brown was poor in the contest and I have been one of Tom's biggest fans but it was noticeable on the weekend a couple of times that he hung back and didn't go in when it was his turn.

Last edited:

RYAN4

I'm a llama!
Oct 2, 2003
Rosanna, Victoria
What's happened since McCrae left.
Is Xavier Clarke the right option??
I witnessed Xavier Clarke in intense conversation at the Pullman Hotel yesterday afternoon with the GWS List Manager Jason McCartney, and awoke this morning to see McCartney announcing two assistant coaches are leaving GWS.
Given that X has been with us for six years and that he aspires to be a senior coach could it be that he is being poached by Adam Kingsley ?
Which could also translate into a few of our players being more receptive to any overture to head up to GWS given their association with both Clarke & Kingsley.

Reactions: 1 user