VFL Tigers v Pies......the Filth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Tigers v Pies......the Filth

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
What a load of rubbish. We completely deserved that loss. Had nothing to do with the umpiring. We have plenty of AFL listed players in our VFL side today who should be looking for another club next season.
We deserved that loss for sure lots of dumb football but there is no doubt the umpires hate Richmond. Blind Freddie can see 5hat

Reactions: 1 user

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
We are shocking at closing out games both in the seniors and reserves.
3 times we went forward and fked up on every occasion.
You might else well *smile* off Collier dawkins, Dow and Stack now and stop wasting your time.
Stop with the experiments, I'm closer to AFL then Mate.
They haven't won in there last 5 games and a kid they picked up in the mid season draft showed how *smile* we are when it comes to picking quality kids.

Does someone need a hug...???

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
What a load of rubbish. We completely deserved that loss. Had nothing to do with the umpiring. We have plenty of AFL listed players in our VFL side today who should be looking for another club next season.
When did I mention we deserved to win?

We can't close out games and had plenty of opportunity.

I'm saying that Sonsie has a pies player land straight in his back. Play on.

Yet they got plenty in the last few minutes, including a 50

Richmond is umpired differently

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
100%

I understand Colina is a project player but he is quite the hindrance on the field, getting out muscled by smaller defenders and is too slow. He is a witches hat on the field.

Definitely need a mobile key fwd.

was at the game and this is true. Immobile, lacks confidence in packs. On the plus side ran hard and tried to put pressure on.

Won't see him in the seniors for another year or two.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
was at the game and this is true. Immobile, lacks confidence in packs. On the plus side ran hard and tried to put pressure on.

Won't see him in the seniors for another year or two.
Give us a bit of player by player report Ant

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I watched the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Sonsie is a class above. Ryan also was playing very well. Cumberland just makes things happen in the forward 50.

RCD is a bust, he just cannot impact enough in a game. Stack struggled a bit up against Neville Jetta.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Give us a bit of player by player report Ant

Well I'm no Caesar and also was focusing on drinking my $6 Furphy cans but Samson had a nice game, winning a few hitouts, nice and mobile and took a good mark and goal. Ben Miller stood out down back, big unit, fast, took some grabs and good disposal. Cumberland - first time I'd seen this kid, good lead and mark and a sharpshooter , doesn't look that big/tall which might hurt his prospects as marking forward. Seemed to hurt his ankle in a marking contest quite badly but came back on in the last and did OK, looks class but didn't really pay much attention to his defensive efforts. Did look AFL quality in some aspects of his game.

Also worth noting that big Mate's goal was a charity handball, three tiges raffled it but it was nice they gave it to him in the square as a confidence builder.

On the positive side for Stacky he did put in all game and tried hard, just didn't really click for him on the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watched the replay, what a stupid decision by the part-time flog to call 50 against Stacky when he was just going to stand for the mark, and then no 50 for him.

I reckon Cumbo should get called into 1sts and Bauer's looking exciting. This kid's a great kick and mark and does a lot of tackling and 1%ers. Great screamer from Browny too. Mate's not as bad as I've read.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
I watched the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Sonsie is a class above. Ryan also was playing very well. Cumberland just makes things happen in the forward 50.

RCD is a bust, he just cannot impact enough in a game. Stack struggled a bit up against Neville Jetta.
I thought Jetta was exceptional, exactly the sort of player we need to give the kids direction. Very disappointing result at our home ground but looking forward to the bounce back like we did after the Werribee loss which was probably worse. From last years draft, Sonsie was certainly the standout with Clarke and Brown fairly quiet except for a couple of cameos. Shame that Banks didn't play as I was hoping to see him playing on ball again as that was great to see against the Cats. Ryan seems to be improving all the time so hopefully he will be ready for some senior footy next year. I have continued to back RCD like I do all Richmond players but I must admit I think this year will be last. His lack of urgency is really disappointing and it looks from the outside he just doesn't want it bad enough.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Well I'm no Caesar and also was focusing on drinking my $6 Furphy cans but Samson had a nice game, winning a few hitouts, nice and mobile and took a good mark and goal. Ben Miller stood out down back, big unit, fast, took some grabs and good disposal. Cumberland - first time I'd seen this kid, good lead and mark and a sharpshooter , doesn't look that big/tall which might hurt his prospects as marking forward. Seemed to hurt his ankle in a marking contest quite badly but came back on in the last and did OK, looks class but didn't really pay much attention to his defensive efforts. Did look AFL quality in some aspects of his game.

Also worth noting that big Mate's goal was a charity handball, three tiges raffled it but it was nice they gave it to him in the square as a confidence builder.

On the positive side for Stacky he did put in all game and tried hard, just didn't really click for him on the day.
You’re right. You’re no Caesar.

:devilish:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You’re right. You’re no Caesar.

:devilish:

How dare you sir.

For punishment here's a photo of the big Mate standing in the square. As the bloke next to me said "we're standing on the hill behind the goals and he's still taller than us"

mate.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
How dare you sir.

For punishment here's a photo of the big Mate standing in the square. As the bloke next to me said "we're standing on the hill behind the goals and he's still taller than us"

_aB3kW6ScPe7Ctl5C7RbHV9pOGYZzbp6v86QN0_-nC7UR4PeKwvQuzyMK34qmRhuJNDK4Vc4zFm-MaxUA8M-qZ8zgRCMoNcmaBgu4bT2BAX1eTFGZuJ_RxZHyJk99MJoZ1HCZb6EbnB_L8Tyh_AG1gZoUG-JXSJcwV0CvqSFeApbIvHzr3BDYFfMRw0nex_s3wRmk31g85MoM9VTNIzbBX9MWWRPut76EOO60ZuqhIH-43Bno3vzaCAsbAGL6DrJxtaUFU1hgIL-BPnrMnkADxjxJyuST1ExD6RvIh1pFx3dWBKxGFNg86Wd53onKKV3Xw0FQLkiWuCVpkxeFef5ttHCYJ25ccFZSGymtLBaWmEtPIMF9JtukRgSFAjgxLmLKu5tgsF8Efb4MMRabaltTjE6k29GDh0j2_vAHR7ebLx5mU8-4z8n9m1F2sQ6v-zaQMTjiE6aCVFNiACsENyv_f8d-LqKG-6V_Xj6x4KHZz1lTZWIICqTrdSKDvYTDXypHkHuvywCxpoTYT5O2ymuTd--viI8kEbdyacsIhthAOIgQp9RJvqf7g7yBTTsBHrbWZngg-i5zu_rhNB-Xa-YhnjKLQYAiigG9LCmtHun9INI6b9h2cs6zA1-TUZzQ9IsiZ08JEqRycyrcpSuV_vBR1k5nIQXBdgSEwuxqLoOv5jEx3Xbx_a-OvX-wCUbuOsjoXK4xKvvWrLxmiCnEnajgBe50ZxoSM3pULVoMvhrTquGptFgz2JESiKi5GoPil0=w1698-h1273-no
Good work.

@caesar , note to you. More photos!

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Thanks AA.